Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next

Darkbee

Berserker

Just to be clear, the events themselves may have happened (The dinosaurs being wiped out was pretty cataclysmic) but that doesn't mean that they were divine. Perhaps religion is really about capturing some of man's ancient history, rather than explaining the existence or something beyond our comprehension.

Who knows, maybe we are part of some giant alien social experiment.

Darkbee

Berserker

VTTruck wrote:nor a 'one true code editor'.
i'd settle for 'emacs vs vi' to get an answer.

What about Eclipse, or if that's a little too heavy duty, then Notepad++ (for Windows but based on Scintilla.

VTTruck

Berserker

no dammit. vi is the only option! sheesh

Lucian

Berserker

This is why I said don't bring religion or politics into it!

Shit gets too long winded. In any case... time to do the Lucian rounds.

@ Stargolee: WTH is that?! WANT!

@ Streen/Bee/Warmaker: Religion had logical reasoning behind it and it's own reasoning. All things considered a universal religion would be good, but unfortunately most of the negativity stems from having so damn many of them. Even people who stick with an accepting religion like Buddhism and celebrate other religions are still naive and not really open minded. Believing in a deity is all good. Having faith in a human being who supposedly represents that deity is naivety in purest form. Humans have always and will always be susceptible to corruption. No matter who they are or where they stand. Furthermore, accepting various aspects of one religion and certain aspects of another is for some reason unheard of. Why does a religion have to own you? Why should we not be free to follow bits and pieces from several religions? Religion isn't really screwed up. It's the people that follow it for all the wrong reasons.

As for the one religion only... please. Everyone knows it'd be the ancient Greek mythology. How kick ass were their gods? I mean really!

In any case, religion is not necessary for a person to have their own set of moral rights. More often than not those morals have a solid cross over with religious morals.

@ VT: Oooh. Sweet. I'll bring the Wiskey.

Darkbee

Berserker

Thank GOD for Lucian! You've given new meaning to my life. I shall spread your good word to the masses.

Lucian

Berserker

Darkbee wrote:Thank GOD Lucian! You've given new meaning to my life. I shall spread your good word to the masses.

Fixed that for you.

Po

Berserker

I'll have brandy.

VTTruck

Berserker

Actually I do prefer tequila if you're taking orders.

Po

Berserker

DEVIL DRINK

VTTruck

Berserker

nectar of the gods sir.

Lucian

Berserker

VTTruck wrote:nectar of the gods sir.

Someone say Cognac?

VTTruck

Berserker

Knew a dog named cognac. certainly didnt have the smell of the gods. I assume
the taste would have been worse. Big great pyranees breed.

Still waiting for my tequila.

Po

Berserker

VTTruck wrote:Knew a dog named cognac. certainly didnt have the smell of the gods. I assume
the taste would have been worse. Big great pyranees breed.

Still waiting for my tequila.

I find it interesting that you've even CONSIDERED what dog tastes like.

Lucian

Berserker

He seems to be a pretty avid dog lover based on his avatars and the whole 'RockyDog' thing. I never took it to mean anything in a more literal sense though.

Darkbee

Berserker

I've heard of "puppy love" but perhaps VT takes it to a whole new level.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next