Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

wickedscorpion

Trooper

Hi all!

The ELIZA system seems great for creating bots. I have one big problem though. Map path finding. Anyone have any idea how the weewar engine parses map coordinates into consistent map representations? It seems hard to graph a map from the coordinates when they are hexes and a typical graph is going to be a standard X,Y representation. Any input on how to parse map coordinates into a workable, consistent path would be greatly appreciated.

ShadowPanther

Tank

Just move all the hexes a little so that they line up. Use your cursor and mouse over each hex and it'll give you the coordinates. Try it out a bit and you'll catch on..

I thought the hex system was confusing too - I'm still in favour of converting to squares.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

the example code has (or at least had) a class called Coordinate.java that handles conversion of x,y to hex coordinates in the way that weewar does it. if it's not there, let me know and i can send you the code that i have for it.

by the way, i am moving this to tools and services because it is bot-related and not really game strategy related

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/04/2009 04:02:41

wickedscorpion

Trooper

Thanks to both of you!

I'll check the hexes out and Coordinate.java as well. I think that's probably going to give me what I need. I'll check back if not. Thanks!