Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next

CaptainCupCake

Tank

jeez, I found myself writing half a dozen responses and then gave up. Even if I see you both as honourable people. Go for it! I'll leave you with the ineffable wisdom of Kelly's Heroes:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

..."Crap!"

Warmaker

Berserker

Alupa, my friend, ignore. We dodged it earlier and it reached out for some attention by going after you. Unlucky you got caught up in the moment. If we keep on trucking, no response, it has to get bored, right?

And since this is turning into Spam, can we continue to call it Spam 2.0?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2009 18:45:37

CaptainCupCake

Tank

There's got to be a beta in there somewhere...

VonBastard

Tank

CaptainCupcake wrote:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

..."Crap!"

One of the best movies of all time. Much better than MASH. In fact, I think I'll add this quote to my profile.

@Alupa: If I'm dead to you and you keep responding to my posts, does this mean you have some special ability to communicate with the dead?

Warmaker

Berserker

CaptainCupcake wrote:There's got to be a beta in there somewhere...

Ha!

This can be the-before-time spam.

But I'm serious, can Darkbee move this whole conversation to the Off Topic area? Has anyone seen him in the past month?

RockyDog

Berserker

darkbee has certainly been around in the last 30 days. i had a game with him just a week or so ago.

"always with the negative vibes" is certainly true of some around here. thats for sure.

one last comment, i dont recall anyone saying VonB should be ignored because he was a low ranked player. Then again I still consider him a low ranked player. I also dont care much about the rankings around here due to the heavy use of biased maps and overall rank inflation from beating noobs.

Warmaker

Berserker

I know, right? I was always 'afraid' to play anyone over 1600. Then I started doing it after getting some serious skill-enhancement from some great players.

Those 1600-1700ish guys are all very beatable. I got the feeling some of them climbed up to where they did by beating poor players on unfair maps.

But that will always be a part of the game.

Master

Heavy Trooper

Warmaker wrote:But I'm serious, can Darkbee move this whole conversation to the Off Topic area? Has anyone seen him in the past month?

I am serious too, if Darkbee locks, moves or renames this threat, then I will loose what little remains of the respect I have for him. Thats some serious abuse of power. I would go as far as complain to the devs about that, even though it would have no result.

It is clear to me that some of you, Warmaker, Alupa... dont like Von and are trying to discredit him any way possible. Thats actually fine with me, you know, freedom of speech and all, but abusing mod powers like that is unacceptable.

This threat made it clear from the beginning on that it wasnt all that serious, and we are in the GENERAL CHAT section here, are we no longer allowed to generally chat? Or are we allowed to do so just until we piss off the friends of the Powers that be?

And I am not trying to hide behind a second account, I am Streen.

My real account is still not working. 3 days and counting, starts to piss me off actually. I wonder how long the devs intend to let me hang here...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/2009 13:03:45

Warmaker

Berserker

Streen, I've never claimed to dislike or discredit that guy. I'm ambivalent one way or the other. I do criticize him because of the anger with which he conducts himself. So angry. I used to be really curious as to why he is so defensive and why he is so quick to lash out at anyone who even looks at him wrong. I watched him go back and forth with Lucian and Darkbee, who were both logical and unemotional. This led to the Weebitches. Seriously? How old does one have to be to invent a group of people who "piss me off" and name them something offensive? I read all those posts and never once was VonB directly attacked by myself or others. We debated him, attacked his BEHAVIOR, but we never said "You're a terrible person," as far as I remember.

I know I haven't.

I try to have a dialogue with the guy, wondering why he's so angry, and I'm suddenly the Queen of the Weebitches. I accept the mantle with pride, as I believe myself to a be a strong leader. But I can't tell if he's (Case A) missing the point of all of our questions or if (Case B) he's really, truly trying to keep up with the drama for entertainment. In fact, the conversation was steered away from him and he called out Alupa to get it back on track. If VonB gets no attention, he goes ballistic. He's LOVING it right now, seeing his name typed so many times. But, going back, if it's Case B, for the first time I'm willing to say VonB is a d-bag. He's a terrible person. Who wants to see people fight for entertainment, outside Jerry Springer? (nudity!)

Go back and read his posts. He gets wrapped up in what he believes we said and he misses the whole conversation.

Maybe he's the bully who's afraid he can't be liked, so he protects himself in some kind of armor, made of defensiveness and hatred. I accept almost everyone but this kid is too tough to deal with. Why should any of us try? What single, redeeming element has he brought to the table to make him a solid, honest Weewarrior?

I can't think of any.

Warmaker

Berserker

My HQ is still broken to the past few days. I'm getting anxious myself.

RockyDog

Berserker

I will not start agreeing with you gents just so my HQ stays functional.

As for VonB - he's admitted to enjoying the non-witty repartee that goes on here. Its widely known that if you provoke him he will respond, and he will escalate. He's advertised that quite well, and he keeps his word. It would be crazy to expect otherwise since its we'll proven at this point.

As for Darkbee - did he ever show up and threaten to lock this? I think SQ locked the other thread, and rightly so. It had devolved directly to name calling and flaming. So why are we questioning his abuse of power?

Oh well. back to kicking some weewar tail.

happy 4th of July to all the American players and happy Saturday to everyone else

VonBastard

Tank

Censor away bitches. I'll just create a new thread every time you lock up a thread.

Power to the people! Death to the WeeBitches!

RockyDog

Berserker

holy crap. who is talking about censoring? has censoring actually happened here? muck raking is a new one for you VonB. Until now you've been quite consistent at reacting to people. But now you're creating not snapping back. very out of character.

Galois

Raider

RockyDog wrote:has censoring actually happened here?

Depends.

Some folks think censorship is the unique purview of governments; if we follow that definition, of course not.

A more liberal definition (like, say, the one found at wikipedia), which allows using the term "censorship" when any owner of a forum, or his agent, locks a thread, then yeah, we've had censorship. Under this definition there's really nothing wrong with censorship.

It's just that the word tends to carry some baggage and most of us don't like it.

VonBastard

Tank

Galois wrote:

A more liberal definition (like, say, the one found at wikipedia), which allows using the term "censorship" when any owner of a forum, or his agent, locks a thread, then yeah, we've had censorship. Under this definition there's really nothing wrong with censorship.

Really, interesting sentiment there RockyDog. I seem to recall from history class a group of people that felt the same way. What were they called again, I forget, oh yes, I remember, FASCIST!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2009 18:21:00

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next