Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

larslars

Trooper

I think there are a lot of misconceptions and presumptions about base-less maps in this thread. For instance all of the discussion to me seems to be around making maps that give players more or less the same units to begin with.
I thinkt the challenge in baseless mapping should be about making maps that are not symmetrical neither in units and unit types nor terrain.
That should make for something far more interesting.

VTTruck

Berserker

lucian and i tested out (a while ago) whether zerks vs heavy tanks were more useful. the repair 2 vs heavier attack.
(imagine a line of red zerks facing a line of blue h.tanks). turns out the repair function makes the tanks
survive a lot better than you'd think.

if you're going to try this baseless non-symmetric mapping - how about testing some concepts.
is one dfa better than 2 h.art.
1 h.art better than 3 l.art.
how about teh british vs the native african tribes? a ton of light inf. vs a small group of l.inf and l.arty...

russians in afghanistan. russians start w. jets copters and infantry. locals get tons of h.inf to start
and nearly all the terrain is mts and forests. give the locals sufficient income to represent american funding

Streen

Heavy Tank

How bout Mogadishu?
200 Troopers vs 5 tanks and 2 helicopters?

VTTruck

Berserker

do the tanks and copters get a few snipers and spec forces dudes? makes a difference.

Lucian

Berserker

Whatever you do, don't try jets vs heavy troopers on mountains! The heavy troopers rip through them like paper. Copters might be a different story, but I presume it'll be similar in many respects.

VTTruck

Berserker

copters wont fare much better. they'll do more initial damage to the h.inf but take more in return.
less armor than jets.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next