Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

Poll results: What features/improvements are you waiting for the most?

Fog of war 24% [ 10 ]
Team play 62% [ 26 ]
New units 5% [ 2 ]
New gameplay elements 2% [ 1 ]
Better bots 2% [ 1 ]
Other features (elaborate) 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Lucian

Berserker

We're not agreeing. You're just copying my ideas and posting them in here as your own.

VTTruck

Berserker

Then you come you keep using the green smiley like i do?

Lucian

Berserker

It's my trademark. You stole that too!

Muzzafar

Raider

It's actually my trademark, you copycats.
Now stop spamming this thread!

VTTruck

Berserker

Here's another option we haven't discussed and gets us closer to team play:

inviting players to particular colors of a multiplayer game.

why tell everyone to wait and get a particular position. The invite order
would be the play order of the game. That should be a quick change for
the devs, right?

Darkbee

Berserker

I'm sure we did discuss this already... didn't Lucian actually start a thread about this?

[edit]I take it back, it was Wombat (Sorry Wombat) who started the thread and it was about randomizing the player start colors. The idea here is almost the antithesis, but a good one none-the-less.

+1 to choosing player starting colors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/11/2008 13:39:54

VTTruck

Berserker

it was discussed in another thread, but seemed appropriate to move it here.
hopefully the lucian-police will let it slide since it was game related.

Lucian

Berserker

Why do I feel like a moderator all of a sudden?!

bmaker

Trooper

Absolutely teamplay! Imo it's the most important one currently...

Ipsquiggle

Trooper

Turn Summaries
This could be as simple as taking the front-page "live feed" and filtering it so it only shows moves for the game you are in. In any case, being able to come to a game a day later and be able to tell what your opponents did without having to commit the board to memory the night before.

Options
Especially for things like Fog of War... which I don't want at all, making sure that these things are optional.

Combat Calculators
In the pre-attack (when enemy units are highlighted red but not clicked on yet), it would be nice to be able to mouse over the unit and see the predicted outcome of the battle. To me, the skill of the game is in place your units properly and luring the enemy into poor positions, but right now, there is a huge benefit to players with cheat-sheets and hidden knowledge and memorized experience of battle outcomes. Adding a combat calculator would increase the focus on skill and decrease the focus on memorization and experience.

Friends Management
"Preferred Players" is a little too fluffy for my tastes, though I do think it has it's place. I would also like to see a second tier of players: "Friends". These people are automatically invited to any public game you create (or at least 'made aware' somehow), and when you choose a private game, they appear in dropdowns to be selected instead of having to type their names in.

DavidL

Raider

Turn summaries would also help bots. It is hard for a bot to determine who exactly attacked them when there is more than one choice possible.

Lucian

Berserker

Friend management would be nice. Also the ability to block idiots.

As for combat calculators... fair enough, but at this point completely unnecessary as there already is a good external one.

Great suggestions though.

DavidL

Raider

Strangely enough it is to get the bot apis ELIZA to not be buggy.
1) There is no way to determine if a unit (eg helicopter) has moved once or twice
2) It is possible to build disallowed units.
3) It is hard to determine how far an air-unit may move (different distances on each move, which means we must remember the current state (remember bug 1)).

VTTruck

Berserker

Had this thought after Lucian decried having 1300 credits and nowhere to spend them in
a multiplayer game.

When a players last base is captured all their remaining credits are given to the
player who removed them?

Could make for an interesting way for the weaker player in a multiplayer game to make a comeback.
i.e. 4 player game, red and blue are each winning over purple and yellow. yellow manages to
wipe out purple who had a stash of 1000 credits. Yellow gets the 1000 creds.

Darkbee

Berserker

The only problem is that the weaker player is unlikely to be the one doing the removing, so in fact the stronger player will probably get even stronger.

The other thing about this is if you know you're going to be eliminated then you could be a complete b#$@%*!d and simply buy the most expensive unit you can afford before you die, that way you'll have little or no credits left. e.g. repeatedly buy DFAs and even though they are getting destroyed instantly you're losing money faster than Force's forum credibility.

Having said all that, I'm not completely opposed to the idea.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next