Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

sims

Heavy Trooper

Hello!

Im a weewar newbie, but long time uniwar player (mobile TBS game - iOS/Android).

Nice that you are pushing this project forward!

Some questions
1. What K-factor will you be using in the ELO formula? (i dont know what weewar uses today, but uniwar uses 42 on multiplayer and random 1:1 games and half value on other 1:1 games)

2. How do you plan to prevent cheating like multiple accounts ?

3. Will there be random 1:1 matches? And if so, what kind of maps will you use (pre defined, high rated or random) ?

4. Can you say anything on the "busines model"? What will be free and what will cost money ?

JanRoman

Raider

Hello Sims, I am glad you are intersted.

1. Right now there are two options. We could start at 0 rating and choose a slightly higer K-value in order to allow payers to advance more rapidly, or start at 1500 and make the progression slower. Whatever the case, the only difference is how quick the rank progression will be. I tend to like lower K value more.

2. We want to prevent this with very detailed statistics. There will be stats that will show how many games a player played aginst another player and so on. This way, you'll be clearly able to tell if player's rating really reflects his abilities.

3. Yes, there is a button, which will take you into a new game as soon as it is available. It takes many factors into account - your rating, your statistics, skills and game parameters. It should be fairly quick provided that there is enough players.

4. Quite hard to say at this point of develoment. It is sure that you'll be able to play for free, however there will be limitations. I can't say more, simply because we don't know yet, but even if it is paid, we are definitely not going to charge big sums of money which is unacceptable I think. Profit is not a goal of Hexfray, we'd like to use the money to run servers and make some tournaments with nice rewards for you.

Yourtime

Raider

JanRoman wrote:Hello Sims, I am glad you are intersted.

1. Right now there are two options. We could start at 0 rating and choose a slightly higer K-value in order to allow payers to advance more rapidly, or start at 1500 and make the progression slower. Whatever the case, the only difference is how quick the rank progression will be. I tend to like lower K value more.

2. We want to prevent this with very detailed statistics. There will be stats that will show how many games a player played aginst another player and so on. This way, you'll be clearly able to tell if player's rating really reflects his abilities.

3. Yes, there is a button, which will take you into a new game as soon as it is available. It takes many factors into account - your rating, your statistics, skills and game parameters. It should be fairly quick provided that there is enough players.

4. Quite hard to say at this point of develoment. It is sure that you'll be able to play for free, however there will be limitations. I can't say more, simply because we don't know yet, but even if it is paid, we are definitely not going to charge big sums of money which is unacceptable I think. Profit is not a goal of Hexfray, we'd like to use the money to run servers and make some tournaments with nice rewards for you.

Ah very interesting @verydetailed statistics..
I asked you several times on your fb page, but sadly no respond.. Is kickstarter off from the table again?

JanRoman

Raider

Hello,

Kickstarter is still planned. However, we are getting ready many things as we need something to show people on Kickstarter. We are quite busy right now so the progression is a bit slower, but it should be resolved in just few days.

I am not sure why nobody has responded you on FB, I apologize

Yourtime

Raider

JanRoman wrote:Hello,

Kickstarter is still planned. However, we are getting ready many things as we need something to show people on Kickstarter. We are quite busy right now so the progression is a bit slower, but it should be resolved in just few days.

I am not sure why nobody has responded you on FB, I apologize

oh awesome... can't wait to throw my money at your campaign lol.. no problem @respond

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next