Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Darkbee

Berserker

Saving the planet isn't just for tree huggers, you can start by turning off all your lights for one Earth hour on March 28th, 8:30pm local time where ever you are in the world.

Po

Berserker

BUT HOW WILL I SEE

VTTruck

Berserker

aren't you up to 23 hours of daylight up there at the north pole yet?

Darkbee

Berserker

Po wrote: BUT HOW WILL I SEE

You must be used to rooting around in the dark by now!

Po

Berserker

MY EYES

Nature_God

Tank

Why just do this for 1 hour? When ever your not using something electrical just turn it off - simple... no standby, hibernation, or sleep on your TV, laptop or whatever.. just turn-it-off!

Have fun

Darkbee

Berserker

Nature_God wrote:Why just do this for 1 hour? When ever your not using something electrical just turn it off - simple... no standby, hibernation, or sleep on your TV, laptop or whatever.. just turn-it-off!

Have fun

Your point is well taken unfortunately for many people, saving energy means getting their spouse to change the dying batteries on the TV remote. Saving the planet has to be universal effort, and some people need to take baby steps.

Oh and btw the turning it off is not usually sufficient. Unplugging it entirely is necessary, as many electrical appliances draw current even when they are seemingly "off" (so called "phantom load"). Some Cell phone chargers being such an example. Naturally, for some items this might not be possible like computers and video recorders, since they will lose their date/time settings, but there are other appliances that don't need to be plugged in 24/7.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/05/2009 20:42:46

Nature_God

Tank

true... why would anyone leave there phone charger in when they dont need it...? That one is alittle confusing

But anyway... every little helps

beststretchmarkcreams

Heavy Trooper

1 hour is just a small contribution for the future of our planet.

Daithi

Raider

The future of us, the planet will be perfectly fine. Do your bit for the Planet http://www.vhemt.org/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/09/2011 14:18:21

Darkbee

Berserker

Or we could do that.

Garry

Raider

Nature_God wrote:true... why would anyone leave there phone charger in when they dont need it...? That one is alittle confusing

But anyway... every little helps

Maybe because the plug is poop-hard to get to and I dont want to start and end every day by crawling around under the bed to get the stupid charger unplugged.