Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

IronDuck

Trooper

For anyone who enjoyed WeeHQ before it stopped working, or for anyone looking for a simple notifier, check out the newly repaired WeeHQ. Sorry that took so long...

Lucian

Berserker

Very nice. I've got two simple questions though.

1) I presume by the tray menu icon that this works with multiple accounts, right?

2) It's Java and cross platform compatible, but I was just wondering if you've had a chance to test it with Vista or Windows 7 yet?

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey

Trooper

Seems to be working on Mac OS 10.5.6, but for some reason the little infantry guy in the menu bar doesn't have any color to him. His shades change when you select different colors, but no actual colors show. Not a big deal, you still get the triangle ! indicator for a game turn notification, just thought I would mention it.

Overall this will cut down on my "well, i better go check my games" visits to weewar.com and probably make my productivity as a designer increase about 130%.

Thanks to those involved for their support.

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey

Trooper

Also having a problem with the configuration not reading my accounts upon restart of computer. It seems that it clears the account information upon restart...

IronDuck

Trooper

Lucian wrote:Very nice. I've got two simple questions though.

1) I presume by the tray menu icon that this works with multiple accounts, right?

2) It's Java and cross platform compatible, but I was just wondering if you've had a chance to test it with Vista or Windows 7 yet?

1) Yes it should work with multiple accounts.

2) I don't have access to Windows Vista or 7 to test, but as long as Java works there so should WeeHQ.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/04/2009 11:56:18

IronDuck

Trooper

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey wrote:Seems to be working on Mac OS 10.5.6, but for some reason the little infantry guy in the menu bar doesn't have any color to him. His shades change when you select different colors, but no actual colors show. Not a big deal, you still get the triangle ! indicator for a game turn notification, just thought I would mention it.

Overall this will cut down on my "well, i better go check my games" visits to weewar.com and probably make my productivity as a designer increase about 130%.

Thanks to those involved for their support.

When Apple finalized Java 6 for the Mac, they changed the behavior of the tray icons so that all color is changed to grayscale, presumably to match their own guidelines. So, while the Java code is specifying a color icon, Apple's implementation chooses to convert to grayscale. I haven't found a way to override this behavior.

IronDuck

Trooper

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey wrote:Also having a problem with the configuration not reading my accounts upon restart of computer. It seems that it clears the account information upon restart...

I've noticed this occasionally as well, but haven't spent any time looking for the cause. Try manually quitting WeeHQ before logging out or shutting down next time, and see if it remembers your account when you startup again.

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

It doesn't work on 1.5.8 (OS X)