Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

CaptainCupCake

Tank

lol Everything about life is confusing; except the bits that aren't.

In the days before weewar, chaos reigned; heaven sort order, but the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown.

Darkbee wrote:Ill-educated, middle-aged amateurs!!

Damn, I was proud of that one

Shulgin

Tank

boodog vanished, so team 1 had to surrender in their game against team 8 (which we had practically lost anyway).

http://weewar.com/game/190823

Streen is aboard now replacing boodog.
i hope that sparkles with the girls. in terms of points we are even a bit weaker now...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/10/2009 13:20:41

drdrew

Raider

I like my team. I beleive we are the favs. Who do u guys think are the favs?
Warmaker could u poss update the first post with updated team members?

I am not sure if this is te right tourney. Aw well

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/10/2009 14:08:27

Knarps

Heavy Trooper

Sorry to say this, but I lost track...

What are the next games Team 5 has to play?

RockyDog

Berserker

and now we see hte problem with a tourney based on a 6 player map where each game takes weeks to finish. i think both tourneys have stalled out. i have 4 or 5 games going total between the two tourney events, and i have no clue what's going on overall with the brackets.

need smaller, faster maps, with time limits on games. just to keep things moving and people active.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

RockyDog wrote:need smaller, faster maps, with time limits on games. just to keep things moving and people active.

- and/or a simpler format perhaps. Our exit in round one would have streamlined the experience immeasurably

Warmaker

Berserker

Well, should we cancel this one and try again? New maps, different format?

Knarps

Heavy Trooper

Warmaker wrote:Well, should we cancel this one and try again? New maps, different format?

No, format and map are ok for me! We just have to update the records...

That's what I "know":
http://weewar.com/game/184192
http://weewar.com/game/184354
http://weewar.com/game/187365
http://weewar.com/game/187366

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Warmaker wrote:Well, should we cancel this one and try again? New maps, different format?

I wasn't suggesting that; it's a good idea; love the map; appreciate the effort involved. I'm just suggesting many players, lots of matches - it's bound to be a little unwieldy and longwinded.

I fear I haven't had as beautific an experience as Knarps, but if Galois makes an appearance (where are you mate? hope all is well); we may get something going at long last.

DeathByBeaver

Raider

@Warmaker: I think it would help a lot if you went through the topic and updated the first post for results

CaptainCupCake

Tank

We're still playing this...is anyone else? Or has it dwindled with the passage of time, like my dreams of youth and hopes for world peace...?

RockyDog

Berserker

personal opinion is that we're playing for grins and giggles at this point. the games are taking forever. same with the other euro tourney.

Shulgin

Tank

for me it's not a problem that the games are taking forever - that's kind of expected on a large 6 player map. my problem is that i lost track of the standings and i think i'm not alone in this. a large/long tournament like this can only work if somebody is responsible for updating fixtures and league table. warmaker took this position initially but he seems to be occupied with other stuff now...

edit: somebody responsible could also be a software solution. is there perhaps a website for this sort of stuff?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/2009 12:24:42

CaptainCupCake

Tank

"grins and giggles" - I like that

Don't mind too much about the time taken - except as Shulgin said - you lose track of where you are in the tournament. Have no idea of the overall state, and agree it could do with an update. Has WM overtly disavowed his administrative responsibilities? Only I think he might be the only one who understands the format (his format ).

Teams have undergone the odd change, this is what I know...
Warmaker wrote:

TEAMS
Team 1: Streen, Shulgin, Simon1701e
Team 2: Upalnat, MadMike, McCall
Team 3: RockyDog, Captaincupcake, Galois
Team 4: Spadequack, Hal2000, Darkbee
Team 5: General_Death, Knarps, Frongbak
Team 6: Jeye, DeathByBeaver, NatureGod
Team 7: Leelar, Daphron, Warmaker
Team 8: Riipperi, Phargen, Nocks

WEE CONFERENCE
Team 1.......0-1
Team 3.......1-1
Team 6.......1-0-1
Team 8.......0-0-1

WAR CONFERENCE
Team 2.......0-1
Team 4.......3-0
Team 5.......0-1
Team 7.......0-1

CURRENT MATCH-UPS
1 vs. 3, 1 vs. 6, 1 vs. 8
2 vs. 4, 2 vs. 5, 2 vs. 7
3 vs. 1, 3 vs. 6, 3 vs. 8
4 vs. 2, 4 vs. 5, 4 vs. 7
5 vs. 2, 5 vs. 4, 5 vs. 7
6 vs. 1, 6 vs. 3, 6 vs. 8
7 vs. 2, 7 vs. 4, 7 vs. 5
8 vs. 1, 8 vs. 3, 8 vs. 6

Here is how this works. Each team plays the other 3 teams in their conference twice. They'll play once as blue, once as not-blue. This will give each team 6 games. Each team will then play the four other teams from the other conference once, with a random blue team.

This will give each team 10 games. After the ten games, the teams will be seeded 1-8 depending on their winning percentage. Then, 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, and so forth. Winners move on, losers go home.

We (team 3) are still playing the first set of games, against team 1 and team 8 (final 2 games, already played as one colour). Afterwards we need to play teams 2,4,5, 7 once. Then the final phase...

edyk

Raider

Im back.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next