|24/08/2012 11:48:51 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
|If it were ever to go down that route, I'd prefer that you could spend money researching different units (but I'm not requesting that you hear).|
|24/08/2012 18:20:18 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
B0lty, we agree with you completely. Hexfray will me very simple, easy to learn hard to master. I would like to make it more fun and challenging even for newer players as well as for the veterans.
It's a long way to the top, but I know we've built a stable and reliable platform, which looks very promising.
|25/08/2012 18:53:01 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
|Actually just thought on the concept of inviting another player to take the place of a player that's surrendered / been booted. If that player had been part of a team, then there should also be the option of one of the remaining team's members taking over from the quitting player. So basically one player would be playing as two separate players in the game, not joining them in to one team.|
|26/08/2012 10:54:21 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
|Planned, don't worry|
|05/09/2012 22:09:49 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
1) Option to prevent players sporadically teaming up mid-game. So if you start a map as FFA, it remains FFA.
2) When starting a new game, defining what colours the teams will be at the start rather than having players argue over it and deciding themselves.
3) Some option to resolve this scenario: 3v3 match. Our team whipped the other team's butt. Two of their players quit seeing they were losing. The third offered peace and my team mates also offered peace. WTF! We beat them, don't offer peace! I think what I'm getting at is something along the lines of an option to force a game to end victoriously if your team has a clear advantage. Eg Our 90% army strength vs their 10% is clearly going to win. So I want to force the game to end victorious for us rather than pander to my pacifist team mates.
4) More stats (or these could be medals or something:
Damage given to damage taken ratio
Longest surviving unit
Unit giving most damage
Furthest travelled unit
Most healed unit
Most damaged unit (eg a unit that gets hit, heals, gets hit again, heals etc)
Most aircraft shot down
Most boats sunk
5) Show history of battle (time bar that you can slide along to see course of battle.
|11/09/2012 11:12:59 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
1. Team games are a big question at the moment. However, I believe teams maps will REQUIRE teams and FFA maps won't allow teams. But I don't want to promise anything right now, it's too far in the future.
2. See no. 1. But yes, I had in mind the same thing.
3. This will be a matter of balancing. I have thought about it very briefly so don't take me too serious now. I thought that Peace might be removed completely. I mean, your goal in Hexfray is (basically) to have as high rating as possible. I don't want people to "escape" a lost game this way. Of course, it largely depends on every single player so it might remain the same as in Weewar. I mean that you have your right not to Offer peace and no other player could argue with that. I'll see what I can do, I hope I manage to develop a strong reliable system.
4. Thank you. The will be large variety of statistics and graphs (MUCH more than in WW as we want it to server as a tool for finding "dangerous and evil" players.
|11/09/2012 14:57:46 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
1. Even though you might be able to prevent official teams, you will never be able to prevent unofficial teams. Granted, you lose some of the privileges of having an official team like ZoC and Airfield repairs but it can still be a huge advantage if people are not attacking each other. Short of holding all players at gun point for the duration of the match, I don't see how you can get around that issue.
Trying the make the game "too fair" could be an exercise in futility I guess is what I'm trying to say. At some point you have to take people on their honor.
|12/09/2012 15:40:56 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
True true. Certainly, there will be a human factor present at some point. What I am trying to develop in order to prevent this is an advanced statistics system. You will be able to tell many things - like if a player plays loads of team games with another player. That's the only thing I can do against unofficial teams I think.
This is a matter of late beta testing however, please be patient.
|13/09/2012 10:41:26 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
you could calculate & count the kills or attacks per color and affect the score they get from winning or honor rank for players by that. I definitely will have that in my game I am working on. (don´t worry it´s a different kind of game than weear or hexfray but it will definitely have some honor ranking stats for players)
blue red purple are in 1 game:
data counted until current turn 67
blue owned 26 bases and 230 units maximum
blue attacks vs red 364
blue attacks vs purple 219
red owned 16 bases and 112 units maximum
red attacks vs blue 123
red attacks vs purple 65
purple owned 21 bases and 301 units maximum
purple attacks vs blue 180
purple attacks vs red 234
the maximum bases and units count will serve for the power of players calculation
blue player power = #bases * 10 + #units = 490
blue player attack distribution (red) = 62,4%
blue player attack distribution (purple) = 37,6%
red player power = #bases * 10 + #units = 272
red player attack distribution (blue) = 65,4%
red player attack distribution (purple) = 34,6%
purple player power = #bases * 10 + #units = 511
purple player attack distribution (blue) = 43,5%
purple player attack distribution (red) = 56,5%
if the game ended in this turn history says red and blue attacked each other more often than purple, while purple was more powerfull, blue did attack the weaker red more often,
while purple with the highest power also attacked the weakest player (red).
-> this shows purple and blue both showed some cowardish playing style and will have a score penalty when the game ends. Let´s assume red loses, red will lose score but not as much as if the game would have been played with a more euqal attack and power distribution.
if red won the game in the end even he were the weakest player for a long time in the game his score bonus would be big.
--> effects on playing style (at least with players who care about score):
*) less attacks on weakest players and more "fair" fighting against equally strong players.
*) if an underdog/ weakest player (in terms of power) manages to win in the end his score will be huge. this motivates players to fight to the end.
*) less inofficial teaming up if the score bonus/penalty factor is shown in a game or even on a profile like an honor rating
player rank in leaderboard: 112
player score: 1636
player honor: 76%
|07/10/2012 16:17:45 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
We're looking for a coder who would join our team and helped us develop Hexfray. I can't promise any payment right now (as this is a free time projeect), but if Hexfray is successful, there will definitely be a payment.
For more information, please contact me (Weewar game, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Hexfray's Facebook) and our programmer will tell you more.
|24/11/2012 10:49:05 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
|Surely players have the right to offer peace. This doesn´t mean peace will go through; this will depend on the opposing player´s opinion of the situation. If your teammate offers peace, then you problem is with your teammate, not with the system.|
|29/11/2012 23:10:09 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
The big question is - why would people offer peace? If the match is won or lost, there is no need to. This win or loss simply changes your rating.
In Weewar, peace is an acceptable way to end a game if one team player left the game. However Hexfray has systems that can fill the gap when a player leaves the game. If your teammate goes mad and refuses to think logically (for whatever reason), Hexfray has the ability to force-replace him as well.
Other reasons don't bump into my mind.
|03/12/2012 09:48:28 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
|You offer peace for compassionate reasons. For example when a new players challenges me to a rated game they have no chance of winning and I have no interest in gaining those points, so I'll offer peace. I have ended may games with peace and I'm pretty sure quite a few other players do. I know a lot of really high ranked players have ended games with peace on quite a few occasions. It's not always about winning for the points or the numbers.|
|06/12/2012 15:54:19 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
|How's it going with Hexfray? Any news?|
|09/12/2012 14:11:46 Re:Developers ready to remake WW for you|
The thing is the ELO rating system is very compassionate itself. If 2000 player beats 1500, the 1500 player will loose just a couple of points, which he can easily get back by beating another a 1200 player. Many of my games ended up by peace, but I am not sure it is absolutely neccessary. It probably wont be in the initial release, we'll se about that.
As for how it goes...
If you use Facebook or Twitter, it's a good idea to join us there. If you don't, please wait a bit for more information. Basic gameplay is almost complete, but since it is a bit complex, it would be very hard to release new builds every week. After we finish this, we will be able to build maps (and you'll have Official maps prepared ASAP) and play 1vs1 games. FFA games will join soon after that. Team games will be a bit harder to design so they'll come a bit later.
So after we get basic gameplay running, we'll focus again on the small things, tweaks and so on and make it nicely playable for pre-alpha testers with the access to our system. Rating system is not hard to implement so you'll get that as well.
If you wish to speed up the process, we'll be glad if you join the development. We could use some help with programming, coding or graphics. Of course, these efforts will not be withou a reward.
We also plan to join Kickstarter, we just have to prepare the whole system a bit.