Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Hotspur

Trooper

Here's an idea I had:

How about simply different titles and artwork for existing units so that you can play campaigns from different time periods?

You could reenact Hannibal's stomp through Italy by changing the name and appearance of heavy tanks to elephants, light artillery to archers, speedboats to triremes, tanks to Legions, troopers to phalanx, etc...

You could have multiple different eras of units to give the different time periods flavor. Such a task could also be farmed out to users to create.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/06/2009 00:18:36

hyperhopper

Raider

DFE

Death From Everywhere

costs 10thousand... not too hard to figure out what it does

Yamamoto_Kansuke

Heavy Trooper

boodog314 wrote:Wow, an engineer. Talk about a Japanese idea!

Here's an American idea for you. How about we have investment bankers who can increase income from your cities temporarily. Then later there's a massive crash and your income goes negative, requiring you to receive a bailout by taxing all the other players.

hahaha Boodog....well I might live in Japan but it was an Aussie idea.

More than an investment banker, I think a more of an appropriate American Idea would for a .....McBase

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/06/2009 13:52:13

Casaubon

Tank

Dudes, just do less drugs! awesome stuff here! hrhr

Streen

Heavy Tank

Hotspur wrote:Here's an idea I had:

How about simply different titles and artwork for existing units so that you can play campaigns from different time periods?

You could reenact Hannibal's stomp through Italy by changing the name and appearance of heavy tanks to elephants, light artillery to archers, speedboats to triremes, tanks to Legions, troopers to phalanx, etc...

You could have multiple different eras of units to give the different time periods flavor. Such a task could also be farmed out to users to create.

This did exist before.
A looong time ago, someone (madmike?) wrote a GM script that would replace some of the tiles with others.
Water turned into ice, grass into snow, trees had no leafes and mountains had snow, swamp became simply dirt
Its just a matter of making the browser pointing towards new graphics instead of the weewar standard ones.
I like that Idea btw.

I also like the DFE above. I might actually print a T-shirt with that picture on it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/06/2009 13:02:43

Nature_God

Tank

How about a aircraft carrier - A boat that is a moving airfield.
This will allow planes to be built/healed nearer to battle areas and adds a modern unit to the navy.

hyperhopper

Raider

if you like the DFE ill clean it up a little.

im so mad though, cuz my comp crashed and the sprite sheet i was using got lost... along with the other 80% of weewar sprites i was doing

ill try and clean the DFE up a lil for ya

hyperhopper

Raider

which is better?

Nature_God

Tank

you created them? Nice work if you did

Can you try create a aircraft carrier for me please

hyperhopper

Raider

i did create them, however causobon created an aircraft carrier, and i dont want it to end up to similar to his

Daphron

Raider

I like the lower one better.

boodog314

Raider

How about a new unit called the "peasant" that only costs 5 credits to produce and has 0 attack and defense stats. You can mass produce them as a defensive barrier that your enemy has to mow through before he gets to your bases.

Yamamoto_Kansuke

Heavy Trooper

Ok there is the Battleship for Navy, Berserker for the Army, and it seems that the Air Force missed out on an butt kicking unit.

Here is an idea for an airborne unit that could back a punch or two. As mentioned by others it would be nice to have a heavy airborne unit that could stand up to Heavy tanks etc...hence some work below modeled on the A10.

Not sure, but the stats could be....

Attack Strength
hard:14
soft:14
sub:5
boat:6
amphibic:12
air:8
speedboat:12

Def Strength 12
Mobility 16, 4
Attack Range 1-2
Credit 900

Well this is a first crack at doing a bit of graphic work and any feedback or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kansuke

Streen

Heavy Tank

hyperhopper wrote:

which is better?

Bottom one.
The top one looks a bit over the top with 3 artillery rows.

Kansuke: I like the idea of a plane capable of ranged attack
And the design is fine already.

I dont care too much about the stats, but the price should be increased.

Related:
I would like a plane that can travel faster than the ones we have. there are some huge maps out there and planes are not always fast enough. How about a weak long range plane with Helicopter stats?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 18/06/2009 11:49:39

Nature_God

Tank

how about at zeppelin.

looks something like this:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/06/2009 18:31:20

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next