Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

RockyDog

Berserker

A couple of observations after a full month of GAFFe life.

The speed issues have not resolved, nor have the constant reload/sync errors.

Our glimpse of hope at communication has gone dark again, with not a single update
from the devs. I don't know how to get the message across that many of us would be willing
to slog through these problems if we even thought that there was hope of a solution coming.
That is a message that seems to be lost.

I'm down to a career low 5 games, and I doubt it will ever go higher than that in this state. The real reason isn't the delays, nor the reloads as annoying as they both are.
(Annoying enough to make the game not fun).

The real reason is the lost units and credits. This is no longer a strategy game. This is a pure luck game. It used to be I avoided rated games with unknown players so there was no chance of being booted with a 2 min overage. Now I can lose the game entirely (or win it) just because a critical unit is lost. What otherwise could have been an excellent game, going into the 30+ round range, was offset by a loss of an entire rounds purchase.

I can find random games anywhere, I don't need to pay for them either.

IMO - the only conclusion I draw from the multiple massively intrusive problems that exist and the fact that we don't see or hear anything coming to help is that there is an intent to draw down the use of the site so it can be closed. I don't know the legal implications of shuttering the site while there are still paying players, but I'll bet that if there are very few pro accounts left, it will be much easier to do.

Knarps

Heavy Trooper

Lost "just" 75 credits here:
http://weewar.com/game/224180

Will you ever fix this Fash-GUI? I start hating this game...

Vidar

Heavy Trooper

this flash interface has been a miserable failure. I still love this game but my god. what a god damned failure the devs have pulled here. This game doesn't load correctly, we lose credits, we lose turns, we lose troops, i mean its a fucking waste sometimes. 95% error free is 100% fail. The ONLY reason i continue to play this game is because there isn't anything like it. but believe me if someone does make something similar and it works right I won't look back.

Vidar

Heavy Trooper

just lost a 1000 in credits after builting a destroyer and trooper. awesome thanx devs.

H0NOUR

Trooper

with all these problems...

# 75464 players
# 198183 games played (+104 today)
# 6282 maps published (+1 today)
# 4943 credits spent today
# 1457 turns played today
# 32141 units commanded today
(note that these are pretty low considering the site was down for most of the day)

It would be interesting to compare some of these numbers before the flash update to see if there has been any drastic changes in the rate at which games are being played, and credits spent. On top of that, how many of the 76k players are 'active' and 'pro' accounts

??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/04/2010 21:45:36

Riip

Heavy Trooper

My profile's game counter has just been reset, so now it looks like I have never won, lost or drawn a single game!

RockyDog

Berserker

How about at least a blog post on the outage yesterday? It's not like nobody noticed it

Casaubon

Tank

H0NOUR wrote: On top of that, how many of the 76k players are 'active' and 'pro' accounts

??

check weewar times and hit rankings there. it shows the active players

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Riip wrote:My profile's game counter has just been reset, so now it looks like I have never won, lost or drawn a single game!

You've a good rating for a n00b

Somar96

Tank

I can't get to any player's page. Anyone else? Or has someone already said it?

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next