Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

bonchon

Heavy Trooper

A lot of AIs got built, but I can never find one online.

Alex, Bert - perhaps you guys could find a way to host the bots on your boxen so that people don't have to leave theirs up and running on their own machines to be playable?

I've made a list of all the AI bots I could find (all offline, of course) - if anyone knows any others, let me know.

Sometimes you just want to play a fast round for fun and you don't have time to wait for a human, ya dig?

ai_shredder
ai_startsimple
ai_shedali2
ai_David
ai_Kamikaze
ai_NeDBot
ai_elj
ai_squarewolf
ai_dzhu
ai_SmileyBot
ai_samurai
ai_shedali
ai_KumaBot
ai_DavidBot
ai_ZappBrannigan

Darkbee

Berserker

ai_PuzzleBot?

jpn5000

Heavy Trooper

@bonchon: What's your timezone? I am in California, and I usually keep ai_KumaBot running from approximately 11:00am to 7:00pm California time, Monday through Friday. I usually update the ai_KumaBot profile page with current status information so it is always worth a peek there:
http://weewar.com/user/ai_KumaBot

There are definitely ways in which the WeeWar developers could better integrate bots into the system. Any of these things would be helpful:

1. hosting the bots on weewar.com (not sure that I would take advantage of this, but I'm sure some developers would)

2. showing a page with a list of some of the better bots, along with their current up/down status information (could be implemented by a trivial addition to the Eliza API or just by time elapsed since last http request) so players can easily find a bot to invite to a game

3. always allow players one extra 1-on-1 game against a bot when their game queues are maxed out

4. encourage bot development with monthly bot-only tournaments (prize = free 1 month pro account)

5. fix Eliza API bugs and implement enhancements suggested in the forums (very rarely do the developers respond to bot topics) which would produce better bots

jpn5000

Heavy Trooper

@bonchon: by the way, I know that some players are masquerading as bots, so be careful.

DavidL

Raider

A listing of bots where the last time that they played would be useful.

ai_DavidBot is on most of the time

Perhaps we should hold a bot tournament?

Kurtis

Heavy Trooper

i started a 6 player game with 5 bots on 14kurtis14
and the bots which im playing are
ai_ZappBrannigan
ai_puzzlebot
ai_davidbot
ai_kumabot
ai_samural
you can find the game here http://weewar.com/game/126543
dont know about ai_samural but he did this
ai_samurai surrendered - Tue Dec 16 01:11:58 UTC 2008
never got why?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/12/2008 09:24:54

ShadowPanther

Tank

Interesting...

But will bots automatically accept if you invite them?

Maybe we can have a player called ai_bots which will, in it's preferred players list, have all the bots that are known. This could be a temporary fix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/12/2008 14:39:49

ai_KumaBot

Trooper

"But will bots automatically accept if you invite them?"

@ShadowPanther: If the bot is running, and is programmed to accept the type of game in the invitation. For example, ai_KumaBot will not accept invites to rated games, because IMO at this point no bot is serious competition for any human.

(This is jpn5000 -- just signed in as KumaBot to monitor games)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/12/2008 23:16:08

DavidL

Raider

ai_DavidBot will accept non-rated games if it is running(Which is most of the time).

DavidL

Raider

Do you think I should get the bot to call timeout on a player taking too long?

TripB

Trooper

Could help.. but wouldn't be very efficient for testing purposes..

SgtMichaelMcNuckleHickey

Trooper

Looks like ai_shedali2 no longer is available.

Just thought I'd update for the sake of the list.

DavidL

Raider

Some of the APIs seems to have changed. So it the AIs need to be recoded to handle that. Unfortunately it is not obvious where to go to see what changed so the only way to find out seems to be to fix what is broken

bert

Staff

What changes did you notice? Two names have been changed (jetfighter to jet and repairpatch to repairshop) ... apart from that there should not have been any updates.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/02/2009 13:47:23

Darkbee

Berserker

Maybe they are learning and evolving all by themselves!

previous 1 2 next