Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Hal2000 wrote:I think dropping out is silly. I watched that game and you had him beat which he admits. If he feels he had a chance to win, play another game and settle it. Having him take your place for an honest mistake isn't the answer.

I would have won but it's not relevant in regards to the tournament. I can only stand so much hypocrisy in myself. I won't only follow the rules when they are in my best interests.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I agree with Hal. I think it was a simple mistake and you need not be penalized for it. I think I might have even said to wait another day or something when you told me he was over the time limit (another day still would have been less than a week), so I am at fault also. He admitted his defeat and you pretty clearly had that game, so I think either a) the win should go to you or b) you should rematch.

For anyone else reading this, what do you think? Perhaps we should vote on it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/01/2009 04:34:20

Darkbee

Berserker

I too misinformed TygerDave and so must shoulder some of the blame. I said the same thing along the lines of what Spadequack said.

Normally, I would agree with TygerDave, under strict tournament conditions he broke the rules, even unknowingly and so must suffer the penalty accordingly. However, given that he sought council first and was misinformed by not one, but two individuals then I don't think he can be held accountable for a misinterpretation of the rules.

Under these circumstances I think the only fair thing to do would be to permit TygerDave and Decapitus to play a rematch (assuming both players are agreeable), given that the confusion lay not with any one individual.

Magwai

Heavy Trooper

Not knowing the rules isn't excuse for not following them tho

But I agree that the fact he got two people saying it's ok should be count in. I don't know how much the difference was in the game, if it was small I would say rematch, if it was pretty big, the he won it.

But the only real fair thing to do would be just to ask Decapitus what he thinks and settle it that way, since he was the one involved in the game, not us

Warmaker

Berserker

I appluad the honesty and integrity of TygerDave! You can play (and beat) me any time, sir!

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Warmaker wrote:I appluad the honesty and integrity of TygerDave! You can play (and beat) me any time, sir!

I appreciate the support guys but I think you guys would do the same thing I am now. I imagine a large portion of the people I've played here would have done the same or something similar, it's nothing special.

Hal2000

Raider

Tygerdave wrote:I imagine a large portion of the people I've played here would have done the same or something similar, it's nothing special.

I wouldn't. I would boot your ass, taunt you, and then gloat to all my internet friends about how I screwed you over.

Only kidding.

Warmaker

Berserker

Tygerdave wrote:
Warmaker wrote:I appluad the honesty and integrity of TygerDave! You can play (and beat) me any time, sir!

I appreciate the support guys but I think you guys would do the same thing I am now. I imagine a large portion of the people I've played here would have done the same or something similar, it's nothing special.

I agree. I have so many losses because I'm empathetic and I give draws to people who are losing. It kills me how nice I am, since this is a war game, after all.

We're of the same ilk, man. I can appreciate what you did and I would have done the same.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/01/2009 18:27:59

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Empathy, sense of fair play and generosity of spirit are never high on the list of qualities for successful generals

Egomania, paranoia, propensity for rape, pillaging and looting and dwarfism (for Time Bandits fans) are...

I feel you were a little harsh on yourself TygerDave - you should have slapped yourself on the wrist, tutted and returned to the serious maiming and general grinding-of-opponents-into-futile-dust

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/01/2009 18:40:40

Lucian

Berserker

Only one thing to do that's fair to both the parties involved as well as the rest of us... rematch!

Riip

Heavy Trooper

I think the rematch idea might be the best option. Though if Decapitus insists, then he would of course be within his rights to have Tygerdave removed from the tournament.

Darkbee

Berserker

I believe that TygerDave has already decided that his resignation from the tournament is the only option as he feels that the rules are the rules, and whether you break them knowingly or unknowingly, the rules have still been broken.

With this in mind I propose that next year be a strict 3 day pace, and that if you so much as go 1 second over the other player is within his rights to remove you forthwith. This avoids any confusion, arguments and if people don't like that then don't enter. Simple.

Decapitus

Trooper

Hi - just logged in and discovered Tygerdave had decided to give me the win and I was being challenged to begin Round 2.

My thoughts are this:
1) Tygerdave should get the Sportsman of the Year award. Impressive.
2) I don't feel his move is necessary and it honestly makes me wish I hadn't said anything. I concede he had the advantage and would have won the game anyway.
3) That being said I'm going to shut up and respect his decision and just play the game...
4) Overall - with all the confusion about the rule and the fact that did inform folks first, a rematch is clearly the most just resolution at this point.

But I understand the tournament is already in round two and neither of us wants to drag this on, so my only thought is that we could replay round 1 AND both play round 2 games at the same time if Tyger is willing. I doubt crazymuffin would mind. I already started the round 2 game with crazymuffin, but would be fine with a retroactive rematch of round 1 to see which round 2 result "sticks" or whatever.

Either way, Tyger, I doff my hat to you and bow deeply...

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Bee, looks like you might have to open up the cabinet and dust off the "Weewar Mr Nice Guy" trophy...looks like we might have to award it elsewhere this year

Darkbee

Berserker

CaptainCupcake wrote:Bee, looks like you might have to open up the cabinet and dust off the "Weewar Mr Nice Guy" trophy...looks like we might have to award it elsewhere this year

I wasn't aware the trophy was in my possession, I must have been looking after it for somebody.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/01/2009 13:23:04

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next