Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

kersplat

Raider

Gotcha. That makes sense now. I like the idea of being able to recycle a unit for AP. I think that is a clean way for recovery without interrupting game play. Interesting strategy implications too. Does the unit provide enough value in its damaged state to be kept alive, or are the AP more important at that point. In the case of our game, you could have recycled in order to gain the AP to prevent giving up your 2 bases.

The other thing to think about is the possibility of limited hoarding of AP. I know you don't get to save up AP, but by holding back certain units that aren't playing a significant role at that time, you would in essence be saving AP. You could recycle those units at opportune times to gain some extra AP during a crucial turn. Definitely interesting.

alex

Raider

We have not updated this thread in a while but we have been busy! Check https://forum.quarterspiral.com/discussions for the latest.

Over the last few days we have rolled out a number if critical improvements. Sign up and try at https://game.quarterspiral.com/v1/games/884b9b00-bbe3-0130-459c-5ebde7b30ff1/embedded#

Casaubon

Tank

Garry wrote:BUT I WANT TO PLAY IN THE TEST!! AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!!!

/pout

ok, ok. Fix the bugs. But know that we are being overwhelmed with the frustration!!

I miss you over there Sir!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

As Alex mentioned in the chat, the Kickstarter campaign for Enhanced Wars has launched! Help Alex, Ethan, and Thorben make the next multiplayer turn-based strategy game by supporting their Kickstarter and spreading the word.

We have all been clamoring for Weewar to be fixed and get proper, active development, but that is not going to happen. Let's face it. We've been waiting for years, and even the creators, Alex and Bert, have moved on. Here is our new chance. The Enhanced Wars team knows how to make games and has shown that they are in-tune with the community. They have already made a working demo of their game at http://enhancedwars.com, and although it's early, the opportunity for an exciting, new, well-balanced turn-based strategy game (with elements borrowed from Weewar!) is there. And we can help shape its future.

I've contributed to their Kickstarter and have been actively participating in their alpha testing, and I encourage you to do the same. I seriously doubt Weewar will last much longer, but Enhanced Wars and its community are just starting up and have promise to be like what we once had here. Yes, it has different rules and different gameplay, but it's still a multiplayer turn-based strategy game that was undoubtedly inspired by Weewar and our supportive community, with hopes that it will be even more. So if you liked Weewar and want a new awesome game where you can battle your friends and actively shape its development with your ideas and feedback, head on over to their Kickstarter and demo and show your support!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/08/2013 21:50:05

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

My $20 is in the pot!

kersplat

Raider

Well said Spade! It's great to see the enthusiasm again and the EW/QS team is on fire.

My $$ is in the pot too.

alex

Raider

We have decided to shut down the Kickstarter and to stop working on Enhanced Wars . You can learn more about this decision at the official announcement here: http://quarterspiral.com/

I am sorry we could not make it happen after all and wanted to thank everybody from this great community that supported us! You guys are awesome and I would have loved to make this new game with you.

Sad day.

kersplat

Raider

Sad day. Really bummed this didn't work out, but absolutely respect the decision to fold when the cards just aren't there. I'll be watching for the next great ideas from you guys.

thuldai

Raider

But the project was running for another two weeks, no? Was it super-obvious that it wouldn't work out?

Bummer indeed.

Is the beta going to stay around? Admittedly I haven't found time yet to test it but love to at some point. Although if the whole thing is called off that might be lost time in any case...

EDIT:
Daithi posted this link in the chat. Reposting it here as I found it interesting and enlightning.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/1m21nx/failing_fast_and_hard/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/2013 09:29:31

Yourtime

Raider

its quite a bummer yes... when i learned about something of kickstarter, then that in the middle of a campaign you often get really less.. its really important to try your best to keep in contact with your pledgers and try also to get more backers, additionally to show more and talk more... but yeah.

Casaubon

Tank

hopefully you guys can utilize the work you put into this somehow like sell the code, opensource it, reuse it ...etc. would be pity after all the effort.

previous 1 2 3 4 next