Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

gjaddis

Trooper

will you post the scores, standings in google doc on line?

Whatyousay

Heavy Trooper

If you need another admin, I can help.

McMonster

Tank

RockyDog wrote:Here are the groups. Let the mocking and bravado begin. Once we have a third for the FWC committee we can commence. I suggest the following format:

first round: round robin - top 2 records in each bracket advance. in cases of a tie by number of wins - a game won in fewer rounds trumps. i.e. if mimic and somar96 and surferninja each have one win, but somar won in 10 rounds, surfer in 12 and mimic in 19, then Somar's win is the best win, and he advances. There are no ties. Ties count as losses.

second round of 16 players: another 4 pools of 4 round robin style. top 2 from each pool advance.

final 8 use a direct elmination format. composite record from both first two rounds is used to seed the final 8 into the direct elimination.

thoughts?

Amazing RD - you are a pinball wizard!

A few things:

1) Whatyousay makes three for the adjudication committee (= me, you, What) => let's get this party started!

2) I like what you said about lower ranked players (at the time of the start of the tourney?) having the option to start games/play blue

3) I also like the idea of a second round round robin, but let's see what folks are up for when we get there

4) About ties for top two rankings in each pool after the round robin. Here's what I wrote in the original post - let's stick with that, eh?

McMonster wrote:Players will be ranked in their groups after the round robin by wins. If there is a tie for one or both of the top two places in the group, results against each other will be considered, and then number of rounds it took you to WIN your games. The player with the lowest total rounds to win the games they won = the higher ranking. Make sense?

5) Would you be so kind as to start a new thread with the list of the 8 pools at the beginning? Folks can use that thread to post game links and game results, and you can update the first post accordingly? Or am I crazy? Or what?

RockyDog

Berserker

McMonster wrote:
RockyDog wrote:Here are the groups. Let the mocking and bravado begin. Once we have a third for the FWC committee we can commence. I suggest the following format:

first round: round robin - top 2 records in each bracket advance. in cases of a tie by number of wins - a game won in fewer rounds trumps. i.e. if mimic and somar96 and surferninja each have one win, but somar won in 10 rounds, surfer in 12 and mimic in 19, then Somar's win is the best win, and he advances. There are no ties. Ties count as losses.

second round of 16 players: another 4 pools of 4 round robin style. top 2 from each pool advance.

final 8 use a direct elmination format. composite record from both first two rounds is used to seed the final 8 into the direct elimination.

thoughts?

Amazing RD - you are a pinball wizard!

A few things:

1) Whatyousay makes three for the adjudication committee (= me, you, What) => let's get this party started!

2) I like what you said about lower ranked players (at the time of the start of the tourney?) having the option to start games/play blue

3) I also like the idea of a second round round robin, but let's see what folks are up for when we get there

4) About ties for top two rankings in each pool after the round robin. Here's what I wrote in the original post - let's stick with that, eh?

McMonster wrote:Players will be ranked in their groups after the round robin by wins. If there is a tie for one or both of the top two places in the group, results against each other will be considered, and then number of rounds it took you to WIN your games. The player with the lowest total rounds to win the games they won = the higher ranking. Make sense?

5) Would you be so kind as to start a new thread with the list of the 8 pools at the beginning? Folks can use that thread to post game links and game results, and you can update the first post accordingly? Or am I crazy? Or what?

nope you got it alright. if you dont want to do a second round of pools, then we have a direct elim of 16. i thought that favors the top seeds a little more than the second round of pools. I'll set the thread and leave rounds 2+ open for later determination. More to come soon.

RockyDog

Berserker

gjaddis wrote:will you post the scores, standings in google doc on line?

I dont 'google-doc'. anyone is able to do this for us though. help is always welcome.

RockyDog

Berserker

McM - What - you guys have HQ space for a private chat moderators game? Sadly I can only set up the trial maps right now. Don't really intend to play the game, just a method for discussions that doesnt fill the forum thread.

Lacome

Heavy Trooper

Count me in

RockyDog

Berserker

sorry folks - this edition of the weecup is full.

Jef

Trooper

I could do impartial, reputable admin/mediator if you still need someone.

Vidar

Heavy Trooper

I shall participate

General_Death

Tank

RD,you're the man!..

VonBastard

Tank

Count me in.

RockyDog

Berserker

Vidar - VonB - all others not already in the FWC - registration is now closed. Should some players no-show their games we'll take additional players in first-come-first-served fashion. Otherwise the tourney is full and already begun

sorry

RedLenin

Raider

Me too, please!

Juffe

Raider

Since this tournament is organized in the likeness and spirit of the World Cup, I suggest that it be made a rule that every game should be played in the appropriate atmosphere. Like so:

http://www.vuvuzelathis.com/weewar.com/game/239412 - Game won by johnmd20 v. Saupillemann
http://www.vuvuzelathis.com/weewar.com/game/239413 - johnmd20 v. demonbeat
http://www.vuvuzelathis.com/weewar.com/game/239411 - johnmd20 v. tralafiti

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next