Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

Poll results: What features/improvements are you waiting for the most?

Fog of war 24% [ 10 ]
Team play 62% [ 26 ]
New units 5% [ 2 ]
New gameplay elements 2% [ 1 ]
Better bots 2% [ 1 ]
Other features (elaborate) 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Muzzafar

Raider

A few comments:
- fog of war (I hope that is quite self-explanatory)
- team play (no Zone-of-Control for members of the same team, members of the same team cannot attack each other, game over when one team wins, etc.)
- new units (new units, e.g. snipers, splash-damage artillery, etc. and giving the existing units new abilities, e.g. helicopters can capture, certain units being able to attack submarines in harbors, etc.)
- new gameplay elements (e.g. ambushes, traps, minesfields, etc.)
- better bots (I think this is obvious too)
- other features (give your ideas)
The examples above are given as examples. You are very welcome to elaborate.

Muzzafar

Raider

I am really looking forward to team play.
I understand that the developers most probably have other priorities (e.g. lowering a drop out rate among new players), but I hope team play gets implemented some day. (I would even be eager to donate. Perhaps, we could make a money pool.)

nocks

Heavy Trooper

Me too.

Team games are much fun, but are getting complicated whenever an army meets its ally. :[

Streen

Heavy Tank

I would expect team play to win this poll by far

VTTruck

Berserker

another round of unit mods would be nice.

destroyers should have an 1 extra hex range on subs
subs should be attackable in harbors
aa should do 1 more damage vs jets
upclass zerk armor or let it repair more.
increase heavy inf movement by 1 or 2 points so it can do plains-forest.

Muzzafar

Raider

VTTruck wrote:another round of unit mods would be nice.

But you didn't vote for it, right?
destroyers should have an 1 extra hex range on subs

I really would welcome some of the modifications above, but not all of them (the first sounds a bit over the top for me).

Desent

Raider

arrrgh, team play is fine as it is! (please don't discuss)

fog of war is great!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/10/2008 22:38:57

kersplat

Raider

Desent wrote:arrrgh, team play is fine as it is! (please don't discuss)

Sorry, I don't follow instructions well...

I just can't see how current team play is fine. ZOC is a bitch with team play. That and having no easy way to discuss strategy outside of the public chat window really hinders a team's ability to play a true team game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/10/2008 22:56:12

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Definitely team play for all reasons above, especially team chat or some sort of in-game private messaging system. To add to team features, it would be nice for one team member to highlight hexes and annotate those hexes for the rest of their team, so you don't have to go coordinate hunting.

VTTruck wrote:destroyers should have an 1 extra hex range on subs

I would also support all but the first.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 15/10/2008 23:39:40

VTTruck

Berserker

@SQ - why shouldnt destroyers get 1 more hex range on subs? subs hit BB from 1 hex out. BB hit
destroyers from 1 hex out. destroyer vs sub is the only one that doesnt do it.

Lucian

Berserker

Team Play would be my primary choice here, but if there was an option for "all of the above" I'd tick it without a second doubt. ALL of these are much needed along with a PM box as well as increased HQ, archive, favorites and map space.

I'm also looking at initiating a few improvements myself, but I've been very time short on time lately.

EDIT: Oh... and good poll man. For once we get something that's actually worthwhile voting for.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/10/2008 00:55:14

Po

Berserker

Team play, baby!

I also am very hesitant about FoW...I'd be very curious as to how it'd play out in a game like this.

Lucian

Berserker

Fog of War would be AWESOME to have and there are no ifs or buts about it, but it would have to be optional. There is absolutely no harm in making it an option in any way shape or form. If you don't like it, you just don't select it. Simple.

Rahl

Raider

My vote:

other feature: simple messaging system. Being able to shoot messages to players without needing to start a "conversation game" or deal with email or whatever.

if I had an anti-vote, it would be for fog of war-- I cannot see this being fun for weewar, and way too disruptive of the value of units (unit to unit) which in my opinion is very (if not perfectly) balanced right now.

Lucian

Berserker

Just out of curiosity... has anyone who's voting anti-FoW played Advance Wars before?! If not you should give it a shot because it gives a damn good example of how it would play and it's actually really fun.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next