Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Mattie

Raider

Feel free to challenge ai_PuzzleBot to a 1-on-1 on this map "City":
http://weewar.com/map/28127

If ai_PuzzleBot is red and you're blue, then you won't be able to beat him. If you do somehow, then please share how you did it.

This isn't because he's brilliant AI, but because he's hard-coded to stalemate the map. Weewar probably needs a game rules change to prevent players from doing this or at least warn mapmakers how to make this difficult. (I accidentally stumbled upon this myself on some maps earlier today.)

Take care,
-Mattie

dangerman

Heavy Trooper

I came within 3 hexes of stopping his evil plans but I don't think it can be done. Nice find. Of course everyone actually playing this map is going to instantly build a sub so they can't lose.

Mattie

Raider

Well, to be clear, it's not just this map. It's any map where you can control all the ports in any one body of water. The more ports there are, the harder it gets, but this issue can potentially be a problem on any map with ports. It grants another "draw" condition to most Pro maps.

If it won't be changed, then all players need to be aware of it so they can defend against it. And mapmakers will need to evolve to make the case less likely.

Thankfully this is very hard on almost all of the default Weewar maps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/09/2008 16:33:42

VTTruck

Berserker

I've long thought that any ship (and subs) in harbor should be vulnerable to all land and air units.

that would fix the issue too.

ggrothau

Trooper

Why not make heli's able to shoot subs? They don't get that much play, and in the real world are used pretty frequently to defend battleships against subs. They also are effectively countered by destroyers, forcing a mix of units on the sea.

Desent

Raider

I always knew that this game was solvable, and that it was only a matter of time .

It's the first step, so to speak.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/09/2008 19:30:11