|10/09/2008 21:57:28 AI quick start netbeans project troubles|
Downloaded the NetBeans project, unzipped it, started NetBeans, opened the Example Weewar Bot project and it tells me that there is a reference problem. Right click the project and select resolve reference problems and I get the following message.
"Problem: The project uses the file/folder called "jdom.jar-1", but this file/folder was not found."
I found two jdom.jar files but nothing with -1 at the end. Anybody else have this issue? I'm no super programmer or anything so I was just following the directions on the quick start guide and now I seem to be stuck.
|11/09/2008 07:49:12 Re:AI quick start netbeans project troubles|
|I' m not a Netbeans user, nor have i tried the example bot. But perhaps you can just go to jdom.org, download the latest stable release and place the jar file in the correct place (i guess its 'lib/' under the project)|
|11/09/2008 16:23:23 Re:AI quick start netbeans project troubles|
Thanks torax, still no luck though. Downloaded the zip from jdom.org and it contains the same jdom.jar file that is in the project folder. So I just pointed the project to that file and it said the issue was resolved. Hit F11 to build and it just kept building and building... finally after about 10 minutes I canceled it. I figured after that amount of time either this bot is programmed to take over the World or something is screwed up. Back to square one.
Still have no idea what the jdom.jar-1 error is and it obviously won't build using the other file. And the quick start made it sound so easy, ah well, I should have known better.
|11/09/2008 19:12:16 Re:AI quick start netbeans project troubles|
|I didn't use NetBeans but rather eclipse. I just made sure that jdom-1.0.jar was in the classpath. There are dependencies for xml parsing in there.|
|11/09/2008 22:33:26 Re:AI quick start netbeans project troubles|
I downloaded eclipse and not surprisingly it wouldn't open the netbeans project. Like I said I'm no programmer and the quick start made it sound pretty simple to get a bot running. Then I could just take a look through the code.
I guess I could start a new project in eclipse and try and figure out what files I needed to add and edit but I'm to lazy at the moment.
I did notice this error when trying to build in netbeans. Looks like something to do with apache server maybe.
ERROR - Ant is misconfigured and cannot be run.