previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Shulgin

Tank

team 3 vs team 1:

team 1 failed miserably
http://weewar.com/game/184303

Hal2000

Raider

So based on the games I've played and watched other teams play, I think WGY is the weaker team on this version of Europe. The base counts are misleading since in all of our games, after the initial captures both teams were within 1 or 2 bases of each other. The problem really comes for white. White is the hardest position to play due to the early pressure from Purple and Red. White has little to no room to make any mistakes and I believe that if exactly matched players were playing all positions, white would still be over run before any other color. Purple/Yellow have little to no danger of being killed. Blue/Green have pretty equal chances of dying to each other. Red can be killed over time, but the 20/21 bases makes Red able to survive for a longer than white.

I'm guessing we will see that WGY is the most likely team to lose throughout this tournament.

What does everyone else think who is playing?

RockyDog

Berserker

so far we've noticed the same. white is usually the first to fold.

Warmaker

Berserker

White gets rolled and then it's a matter of time. Blue teams are winning early but we have to flop sides to make sure equal skill levels play both sides.

I think Blue/Red/purple do have an advantage.

DeathByBeaver

Raider

Warmaker wrote:
Team Blue wins : 4
Team Purple wins : 1

I take it team Purple is YGW

Warmaker

Berserker

This is correct. Team Yellow is what I meant to say. Nitpicker!

jeye

Tank

Hal2000 wrote:So based on the games I've played and watched other teams play, I think WGY is the weaker team on this version of Europe. The base counts are misleading since in all of our games, after the initial captures both teams were within 1 or 2 bases of each other. The problem really comes for white. White is the hardest position to play due to the early pressure from Purple and Red. White has little to no room to make any mistakes and I believe that if exactly matched players were playing all positions, white would still be over run before any other color. Purple/Yellow have little to no danger of being killed. Blue/Green have pretty equal chances of dying to each other. Red can be killed over time, but the 20/21 bases makes Red able to survive for a longer than white.

I'm guessing we will see that WGY is the most likely team to lose throughout this tournament.

What does everyone else think who is playing?

I tend to agree with this observation although sometimes red can get 22 bases.

Shulgin

Tank

jeye wrote:
I tend to agree with this observation although sometimes red can get 22 bases.

or 17

RockyDog

Berserker

<waits for stirlings input on 4.08 being biased against the axis due to whites position>

jeye

Tank

if you want an axis biased europe map you can play http://weewar.com/map/43504

RockyDog

Berserker

jeye wrote:if you want an axis biased europe map you can play http://weewar.com/map/43504

the question is whether 4.08 is allies biased. white seems to crumble first in most games.

Hal2000

Raider

RockyDog wrote:
jeye wrote:if you want an axis biased europe map you can play http://weewar.com/map/43504

the question is whether 4.08 is allies biased. white seems to crumble first in most games.

Ultimately it doesn't matter since both sides have to play as white at some point. It is a bit of a shame, since the games would be more interesting and allow for longer games and more developed strategies if white was a little bit stronger.

Daphron

Raider

I think he wasn't referring to the tournament being unfair.

jeye

Tank

Hal2000 wrote:

Ultimately it doesn't matter since both sides have to play as white at some point. It is a bit of a shame, since the games would be more interesting and allow for longer games and more developed strategies if white was a little bit stronger.

Maybe this can be compensated to a certain extend by having the most skilled player of a team play white.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/09/2009 08:17:34

RockyDog

Berserker

jeye wrote:
Hal2000 wrote:

Maybe this can be compensated to a certain extend by having the most skilled player of a team play white.

It certainly can as you (white) are beating me silly (purple). But the question is whether the map, played a large number of times among equally skilled players, would have white in a fair position.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next