Galois

Raider

I'm available for drafting onto a team.

Daphron

Raider

I like warmaker's idea best.

Nature_God

Tank

team games sounds fun.. instead of all the top players being on the same teams can they not share themselfs out so that instead of Expert, Good, OK, and poor teams they are lots of average teams ???

Whatyousay

Heavy Trooper

Hmmm.... WM's idea sounds interesting enough.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Hal2000 wrote:
DeathByBeaver wrote:
General_Death - Jeye - Stirling

I'm going to ruin the surprise and tell you which team will win. CONGRATS!! You guys played great!

Aha, but there's going to be a secret late team entry by Stirling a, b & c which will have my money

I like warmaker's suggestion (this one, not the one in the spam thread, lol) but I would imagine it's attraction to the best players might be limited rated or unrated (for different reasons). Great idea though - out of all the weewar maps europe would be one of my "desert island" maps

Warmaker

Berserker

Unrated everything. That makes it more fun and relaxed. I won't have to harp after GD or anyone for bad play that may threaten my score.

boodog314

Raider

Watyousay wrote:Team:

Shulgin, upalnat, and Watyousay

I think. Still need to talk it out.

Hey Wat, if you decide you need a third, can you include me? I promise I'm not as bad as I'm playing in the game against you right now!

DeathByBeaver

Raider

Watyousay wrote:Team:

Shulgin, upalnat, and Watyousay

I think. Still need to talk it out.

I'll put you up for now and change it, if your team mates bail out. Glad to have you

DeathByBeaver

Raider

Okay, some good suggestions have come up. I will just think them through before deciding anything though.

Obvious, Warmakers suggestion, would make for the most open and exciting tournament, but part of the idea behind the tournament was that you could participate with a team of your buddys adding to team spirit and overall fun. So I'm not sure.

Stirlings idea of having the elite team just play against the winners was actually under consideration even before posting here - sort of a "prize" to fight for - if they agreed, which they now have My only problem with this is, that I would really like to go up against the guy, that made my favourite map

As I said, I will just think it through. You are all very welcome to post your considerations, as I am rather new to this game and could easily miss some important detail.

Daphron

Raider

I like the picking teams idea, playing with people you know is fun but that would lead to very definite classes of ability to play. (Most people that would participate like to play with people closer to their skill level)

General_Death

Tank

http://weewar.com/game/178982

RockyDog

Berserker

not sure what seeing that game is going to do for this thread. we already know who's going to win it..

DeathByBeaver

Raider

General_Death wrote:http://weewar.com/game/178982

So I should be looking for a newer version of the map?

EDIT:
http://weewar.com/map/38316
This map places blue further west. I you guys agree that this map is better, we can play that instead. (Actually I am quit certain, that some of my own Europe games have been played on this version.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/07/2009 07:10:14

MapMaker

Raider

lol - in my view the Europe maps don't satisfy my sense of balance. Balance for 1v1 blue vs red, 2v2 west corners vs east corners, 3v3 in NvS and AxisvAllies, and FFA. That's why I keep working on them and keep making them.

4.08 and 5.00 are playtest maps with deficiencies, but they work well enough. Hmm I think I reused the 5 series...

(I never considered myself a perfectionist. I may have to reconsider that.)

Warmaker

Berserker

+1 my idea.

I think if we pick teams, we can mix up the demographics of who each person plays with. I've never played Daphron or Stirling too much and being a team would be exciting. The same with being on a team with Boodog and Jeye. I don't play them and this is a good chance to mix things up.

I agree that playing with a regular team encourages esprit de corps and teamwork but a high volume of my total games played involved those guys anyway. Before and after this tournament, I'll *probably* play Darkbee and RockyDog again. Maybe I'll get a game with Jeye, Boodog, Daphron, and Nature God, but this seems like an ideal opportunity to meet some new guys, fight with and against people we generally don't see on the battlefield all that often.

Picking teams will forge new frienships and alliances, for the betterment of the community.

previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14 next