Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

BM5k

Raider

Offline

Very nice

Pistos

Raider

Offline

Folks: Certification standings update immediately, in real time, as people add or remove certs. Another thing that probably isn't obvious is that you can actually certify non-members, too. These are "pending certifications". Once that person joins the WWPA, they receive the pending cert. It improves the health of the WWPA sociosystem if you certify lots of people (with reasonable confidence about their conduct), so get those certs flowing!

Pistos

Raider

Offline

Oh, and as for low certification and being uncertified: The whole system is a trust metric, so its purpose is to resist tampering. That is, it should not be possible for a malicious person to, say, gather up whole bunch of drone accounts and use them to certify himself highly (and I do believe the WWPA system prevents such abuse). Just keep in mind that anyone can freely join the WWPA without any sort of entrance review, so even though someone has the text "WWPA member" in their profile, it's a good idea to check their cert level before trusting too freely that they won't kick you at their first chance.

BM5k

Raider

Offline

Pistos wrote:Folks: Certification standings update immediately, in real time, as people add or remove certs.

This wasn't very clear, but makes sense. Thanks for answering my question.
Pistos wrote:Another thing that probably isn't obvious is that you can actually certify non-members, too. These are "pending certifications". Once that person joins the WWPA, they receive the pending cert.

I was aware of this, but it is worth mentioning again:
Pistos wrote:It improves the health of the WWPA sociosystem if you certify lots of people (with reasonable confidence about their conduct), so get those certs flowing!

Like I said a earlier, if you play with someone who follows the guidelines, you really should certify them, member or not. That way when they register, they receive their due feedback.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/06/2008 12:30:07

Po

Berserker

Offline

Hey Pistos...Am I officially in the WWPA? Just curious...It's in my profile from months and months ago, and for the life of me I can't remember if I applied, or just added it because I saw other cool people with it. lol

Lucian

Berserker

Offline

All you gents playing with me in the WWPA association will get certified after this game.

RedLenin

Raider

Offline

And the ladies...?

Lucian

Berserker

Offline

Don't think there are any in this game... and if there are sorry. Counts for everybody but was just telling the 5 others I'm playing with, since most of them seem to be forum whores as well.

BM5k

Raider

Offline

Lucian wrote:most of them seem to be forum whores as well.


Well, I gotta do something while I wait for y'all to take your turns

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/06/2008 14:07:08

Lucian

Berserker

Offline

Sure. I'll play that card. That's why we're all in here.

BM5k

Raider

Offline

Woo! I'm off the uncertified list!

Also, Pistos, is the map functionality of WWPA not working, I always get an error

BM5k

Raider

Offline

Lucian wrote:Sure. I'll play that card. That's why we're all in here.


Besides, I like to see my name all over that recent post list

Darkbee

Berserker

Offline

Kai01 wrote:A man walks into a store, steals something and walks away. A security camera captures everything. Police watch the camera, catch the man and hold him in custody. A week later the tape is accidentally destroyed. Since there is no more evidence, the man should obviously go free [/sarcasm].

F1r57 p0st


Not only should he go free but he should be given free packs of gum by the store, every week for life, for all the pain and suffering caused by his unjustified arrest.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/06/2008 14:29:05

BM5k

Raider

Offline

Darkbee wrote:
Kai01 wrote:A man walks into a store, steals something and walks away. A security camera captures everything. Police watch the camera, catch the man and hold him in custody. A week later the tape is accidentally destroyed. Since there is no more evidence, the man should obviously go free [/sarcasm].

F1r57 p0st


Not only should he go free but he should be given free packs of gum by the store, every week for life, for all the pain and suffering caused by his unjustified arrest.


Sad thing is, he probably would go free...

Pistos

Raider

Offline

Po wrote:Hey Pistos...Am I officially in the WWPA? Just curious...It's in my profile from months and months ago, and for the life of me I can't remember if I applied, or just added it because I saw other cool people with it. lol


You're on the member list, so yes.

previous 1 2 3 4 next