Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Muzzafar

Raider

VTTruck wrote:invite rockydog and i'll test with you.

I rushed to attack VTTruck and was beaten soundly.

Updated the map.

Added two repair depots in the center, replaced the heavy artillery and heavy tank with a light artillery and tank respectively, and added 3 more troopers.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/12/2008 13:54:55

VTTruck

Berserker

You already pointed out your flaw, I'm sure it wouldn't happen that way again. But even if you did advance the lines slowly, the defender gets the terrain advantage AND first round of fire with the 4 artillery.

Casual observation is that this is the same problem as the map Streen and I tested. The defender gets the big advantage by picking terrain. Just like real world I'd imagine. Harder to assault than defend. Plus those little infantry were defending their homes. They had much more motivation to repel your invading horde.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/12/2008 13:52:20

Muzzafar

Raider

Well, I suppose there are two solutions: either remove the terrain completely or make the map asymmetrical and give the offensive side an advantage. What do you think?

Update: Another solution would be to add a base in the center with 10 income. But I suppose that the map would not be base-less anymore, would it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/12/2008 14:00:58

Lucian

Berserker

Keep it as is... just drop the best terrain in the middle. Two thin mountain strips for the troopers to either get a bonus on or jump off in either direction (North/South) and make a rush forth with adequate cover for the ranged units to roll down the middle without much obscuring it's path... and then let the machinery take the outside. If you need more just line the center with healing bays and voila. You have your forward moving, baseless map.

VTTruck

Berserker

Or put the desired defensive terrain in the center of the map. you have to make a mad rush to get it, but
then could be a sitting duck if you stay there too long. thinking alamo here..... nice to get
the fortification, but end up surrounded and the multi-attack bonuses even things out.

ShadowPanther

Tank

Lucian wrote:Keep it as is... just drop the best terrain in the middle. Two thin mountain strips for the troopers to either get a bonus on or jump off in either direction (North/South) and make a rush forth with adequate cover for the ranged units to roll down the middle without much obscuring it's path... and then let the machinery take the outside. If you need more just line the center with healing bays and voila. You have your forward moving, baseless map.

I agree... but instead of making two mountain strips, you could just remove the terrain and instead create a mountain/forest fortress in the middle so that it is more desirable to get there. Adding a base would also help, but as mentioned before, it would not be "baseless" anymore.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/12/2008 14:36:01

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

Hey folks,

This is sort of a baseless map that I just made. There is one harbour, the idea is to try keep your heavy inf alive and get one of them to the harbour so as to spend the 3600 you start with. Any advice or comments most welcome.
Thanks

Lucian

Berserker

Cap the harbor > Kill all enemy heavy troopers no matter what the cost to your units > Build Sub > Force Stalemate.

U

Raider

i think that map would take really long

VTTruck

Berserker

Lucian wrote:Cap the harbor > Kill all enemy heavy troopers no matter what the cost to your units > Build Sub > Force Stalemate.

Thats assuming your trooper can make it to the harbor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/01/2009 13:18:26

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

VTTruck wrote:
Lucian wrote:Cap the harbor > Kill all enemy heavy troopers no matter what the cost to your units > Build Sub > Force Stalemate.

Thats assuming your trooper can make it to the harbor.

yup, but i was thinking that the guy who caps the middle buys a battleship or two and wins by shelling the land units from a safe distance instead of stalemate. First to the middle wins , it has occurred to me though that the other guys will just hide a heavy inf outside of bb range in the mountains so i will replace the marshes with water next version and maybe give 6k start money .

Lucian

Berserker

6k is a good number. With three battleships you can actually do some decent damage. Alternatively, you could pump out 6 destroyers and 6 jetboats to patrol the coastlines. With more rivers it would make for a much fun map for sure. =D

Muzzafar

Raider

Updated the Charge map and invited VTTruck and Rahl for a game.

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

Lucian wrote:6k is a good number. With three battleships you can actually do some decent damage. Alternatively, you could pump out 6 destroyers and 6 jetboats to patrol the coastlines. With more rivers it would make for a much fun map for sure. =D

ok

also added a hover each, not sure if that was a good idea

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/01/2009 16:13:01

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

also as an added bonus now that i have added the extra rivers the map looks less like a photocopy of someones arse

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next