Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

Poll results: What features/improvements are you waiting for the most?

Fog of war 24% [ 10 ]
Team play 62% [ 26 ]
New units 5% [ 2 ]
New gameplay elements 2% [ 1 ]
Better bots 2% [ 1 ]
Other features (elaborate) 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Muzzafar

Raider

Oh, that's neat!

Lucian

Berserker

10 in archive, 10 in game. Problem here is that you're limited to 10 in archives. In live games you can have an infinite number of games going (I've had 20+) and just leave your finished games in there for chat. Either way. Personally, I wish I had a bigger archive. I accidentally deleted game 111111 which was a 1-on-1 with Niki. Wanted to archive that.

VTTruck

Berserker

Actually it wont let me start new games so long as 10 are in my HQ. whether they're active or done.
you said 20 active games, but that means you're just accepting invites.

in any event, how many team games do you need PM channels for? 10 should be enough dont you think?

Lucian

Berserker

If you have 10 in your HQ, even if only one is active and the rest are finished, you cannot start anymore. You can accept an infinite amount of new games from other players though, which is what I tend to do once my HQ gets filled up.

10 in any given PM channel would be ideal if those channels were actually chat rather than single use messages... it'd make it easier to keep track of what's going on throughout the game.

VTTruck

Berserker

games in the archive are not single message use. the chat there is continuous. i.e.
you and i only need one archive game to chat about every other game were in, indefinitely.

Lucian

Berserker

Correct. Two downsides with this. I'd need to find a game where I beat you to within an inch of your life and archive it so that I can mock you about it later on (or keep the most epic games), but that game would need to have private chat set from the get go if this was it's purpose. The other thing is that the all the scripts don't make the chat box expand in archives.

VTTruck

Berserker

i se no real problems there. plenty of losses to me, pick one (plenty=1 and 1 in progress)
skip the scripts.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Lucian wrote:The other thing is that the all the scripts don't make the chat box expand in archives.

See http://www.sapientdevelopment.com/dotnetnuke/Weewar/tabid/74/Default.aspx

dthompson

Trooper

is there a limit to the time a game can be archived?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/10/2008 00:04:57

Lucian

Berserker

@ spade: Thanks.

@ dthompson: 10

Po

Berserker

I think he was asking if games ever disappear from the archives. I have no idea.

Darkbee

Berserker

It's a pity you can't vote for more than one because team play and FoW would both get my vote. They've both been discussed pretty heavily but Team play I assume would include the ability to have:
  • Team only chat
  • No ZoC for team members
  • Automatic game ending once only team members from one team remains
  • Readjustment of distribution of points for rated games to reflect the nature of team games
  • POSSIBLE ability to transfer units to team members
  • POSSIBLE ability to transfer credits to team members
  • Others I'm sure

• FoW would get my vote because something needs to be done to address the total lack of surprise when attacking opponents at the moment. FoW may or may not work but it seems the most obvious choice beyond simply creating special forces units, and to my mind adds a whole new strategic element to the game. However, I can appreciate why others might disagree.

Good poll!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 21/10/2008 15:18:07

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Po wrote:I think he was asking if games ever disappear from the archives. I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure there's no limit. I have a game in my archive from over a year ago. http://weewar.com/game/28531

VTTruck

Berserker

i completely forgot to ask for replay option to come back.

+10 for replay

Lucian

Berserker

Ah... yeah. No time limit that I've ever heard of... and replay option is a good idea if they can get around storing all that data.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next