WeeWar Times for Pete’s Sake by Vagus 50% [ 14 ]
WeeWar Times Wetlands by Nature_God 32% [ 9 ]
Weewar Times Square by Stirlingxa 18% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

Somar96

Tank

So trial members can't participate even if the have space?

RockyDog

Berserker

trial members would have to be red in each game. but dont see why they couldn't participate otherwise.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Trial members will be welcome. 64 eh? Let me think about it.

Somar96

Tank

I think there will be more than 64 people if we count trials. But I don't think 128 is doable.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

McMonster wrote:i doubt that if you and CCC had played it out that it would have taken longer than any of the other maps entered in the contest (when played by two such skilled and evenly matched weewarriors).

I like this map a lot and a fair few others. There were some great entries, and a big thank you to everyone who entered.

I guess I just wanted to say in response to this and similar sentiments, choices were difficult and there's no doubt we could have given more justice to all entries. Some maps continue to generate controversy for years, even after many, many games. Tyger and I like to think we can make a fairly informed judgment, but there may be better maps that don't win; we did our best. There was a great response and a lot of entries to look at. It's probably fair to say that the smaller maps had an advantage in this scenario. It's our first time too, and we'll be looking at what went well and what didn't for the next time (perhaps )

The important thing is some great maps have been created (not just the finalists), which everyone can enjoy as well. There's the upcoming tourney too. And the realisation, if needed, that WeeWar Times is the place for all your WeeWar news

There is a secret second prize based on the best map name. This is Thulsadoom's
Your Obituary In WeeWar Times. Give me the nod Thulsa and 3 months' sub is yours If not, I have a second nominee, and, to give you a clue, it has a pun in the title Mr Monster...

Darkbee

Berserker

CaptainCupCake wrote:There is a secret second prize based on the best map name. This is Thulsadoom's Your Obituary In WeeWar Times. Give me the nod Thulsa and 3 months' sub is yours

He gets his own submarine? Does it come with a complementary gaggle of sweaty seamen?

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Darkbee wrote:He gets his own submarine? Does it come with a complementary gaggle of sweaty seamen?

(Aqua...) Marina + pals dancing round his missile silo, but each to his own

You know you could have won that prize

Darkbee

Berserker

She had pals? It's a dream come true! I guess I never paid close enough attention.

I would have entered but I just hit a creative block. Or maybe just a Weewar block in general. I'm resigning myself to silent lurking with the occasional snide-remark-grenade tossed into the forums or community chat. But you know this, no Weewar Times scoop here Mr Kent.

Although...stand by for action, anything can happen in the next half hour!

Warmaker

Berserker

I think there is something ironic about telling us all about the silent lurking you're currently doing.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Like every puppet-master, he wants to remain unnoticed yet known to be pulling the strings

Warmaker

Berserker

There's that one joke. In a church, a man stands up in the middle of the sermon. "I'm so moved by God's Word," he cried out, "I want to anonymously donate 25,000 dollars to the church!"

Hehe. He may have been DB.

Darkbee

Berserker

I haven't started yet... you don't know when I'm going to start silently lurking.. it will happen suddenly, without warning. I'll start stopping just like that! You won't even know I'm gone.

CaptainCupcake wrote:Like every puppet-master, he wants to remain unnoticed yet known to be pulling the strings

Better to be into string puppets Sir, than glove puppets. Don't shake hands with Captain!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/03/2010 13:34:39

RockyDog

Berserker

@DB - i dont think you're winding down games at all. Without even trying to close things out I've reduced to fewer games than you. I call you a sabbatical slacker. how about them apples?

ThulsaDoom

Heavy Trooper

@CCC, BOO-YAH! Yes I would love 3 in the tree, thanks for the cred. Hey, I guess if you can't map 'em well, name them well! AND,I will happily accept a free sub if it contains one Sean Connery...

TD OUT!

MapMaker

Raider

Vagus's red invasion of the blue peninsula appears fair, but blue should always win. There is a set of moves that blue can use to retain the 5th blue base (the one within BB range). If blue does not make this set of moves, then red has a chance to win.

Of the three maps being voted on, none are great. Mine is too slow because of the desert and mountains and forest. You basically have to wait until turn 20 or so until one player has enough of an navy to swing around counter clockwise and grab an outside base. If I re-made the map to put more plains in the center square, then it would play more quickly, be more exciting and could have a duration from about 20 turns to 40 depending on the players.

The wetlands map is too large for the income and when you get into that situation you end up with long games where nothing happens and people quit or decide to do something silly just so that something is happening.

The top map by vagus is a center race map. I beat vagus by capturing his center island base as soon as it cleared while having additional units in place to prevent him from countering. So vagus' map is like the wildly popular straits map. The games should be over before they begin. And all bases should never be captured before the game ends.

With that said, they are all about the same quality. They all need fixing or are deficient in one fashion or another. Sorry for being negative, but I don't have the time to go through all of the praises each map.

previous 1 2 3 4 next