Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Hey all, ai_SmileyBot is ready for some user testing.

It was developed by Pluto and me, using bert's Java implementation as the original backbone. It plays decently now and probably plays at the level of a newbie player who has played a few games and who is starting to learn how to plan ahead.

I'm looking for a few players to test the bot and give me helpful feedback and ideas for improvement. Just comment and start a game with ai_SmileyBot and keep the chat open so I can chat with you without having to sign on as the bot.

Please note that it only plays on the original Botanic Troubles (map #2) without pro units. Yes, it is currently very limited but it is a work in progress. =)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 26/08/2008 04:36:25

FuryOfNaught

Heavy Trooper

Sure, why not? I'll give it a shot. http://single.weewar.com/game/100941

[edit]
Anything in particular you would like me to try?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/08/2008 04:46:39

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Cool, it wishes you a good game

I just want to get feedback from people and watch it play against others to see where I can improve it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/08/2008 05:25:22

spadequack

Heavy Tank

apologies to whoever started a game with the bot under the game name, "Gaming the AI" - there was a bug accepting games and it declined yours and another... it should be fixed now, so feel free to try again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/08/2008 00:54:08

Mattie

Raider

I invited it to a game with me and my not-so-smart ai_PuzzleBot. at the moment it's not playing, perhaps maybe it's in other games.

I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Yay for more bots,
-Mattie

Mattie

Raider

Without a doubt, on that map, Smiley is almost just as good as a newbie player. He makes some strange plays, but those trade-off for the better-than-newbie correct plays from time to time.

Also quite fast--- I have my bot throttled so that it doesn't query weewar servers too fast. Early on I was worried PuzzleBot was querying a little too quickly so I added a small delay between queries. Does your bot do its own internal attack analysis rather than querying weewar servers or a mixture of both?

Good work,
-Mattie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/08/2008 16:38:57

spadequack

Heavy Tank

It queries weewar servers a lot, I think, mostly for where a unit can move and what it can attack. And it could go faster - I put in a 1 to 2 second delay between moves so that people could take breaks between their turns and so you can see each individual move better.

Pyldrvr

Raider

I tried starting up a game with him http://weewar.com/game/101420 but he doesn't seem to be online currently

Pyldrvr

Raider

He's pretty danged good for a bot. Only things I can think of, and I don't know how hard they would be to code, but he doesn't seem to understand base covering/capture from his opponant, and he doesn't know how to protect his artillery yet. Pretty neat little bot though, I believe he could beat newbies.

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

I've invited him to a game called ai_SmileyBot test but he seems to be on a lunchbreak now...

Stagolee

Heavy Trooper

Just finished my game with smileybot, it's good! had me worried for a while

bert

Staff

I'm playing smiley bot right now and it's doing fine so far.

torax

Heavy Trooper

Stagolee wrote:I've invited him to a game called ai_SmileyBot test but he seems to be on a lunchbreak now...

Its quite a long break

spadequack

Heavy Tank

yeah, i have limited internet at the moment, so i haven't been running smileybot. also, torax, please invite smileybot to botanic troubles, without pro units, in an unrated game. it will not accept any other games right now.