Poll results: Who do you attack more?

Stronger player 82% [ 9 ]
Weaker player 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

«

adayofjoy

Heavy Trooper

Who do you attack more?

Assuming both of your opponents react the same way (the more you attack them, the more resources they spend against you), would you put more effort on attacking the stronger force, or would you place your focus on eliminating the weaker force?

Here's an in-game example:
http://weewar.com/game/436557

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/10/2013 16:27:33

Casaubon

Tank

I always tend to attack the stronger player. which mostly kills me and ruins me score

Fex

Heavy Trooper

I always try to focus on the stronger player.

And I really hate it when the stronger player start's getting afraid of me and offers the weaker player 2nd place if he helps crushing me

edit: Of course that's also situation dependent

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/09/2013 08:21:08

sims

Heavy Trooper

Always attack the player in the lead.. because if not, he will at one point be so dominant that he cant be stopped. This applies to all FFA multi.. not only 3 way

adayofjoy

Heavy Trooper

Ah, stuck in another 3v3.
Focused on the stronger player this time, but now that stronger player's been mostly beaten down, he's just pooling the rest of his resources against me in some sort of revenge suicide attack (and ignoring the other player who's the one who's actually taking out his bases).

I stink at diplomacy...
:/

http://www.weewar.com/game/436169

sims

Heavy Trooper

then he is no longer the strongest player.. you should shift focus if possible

adayofjoy

Heavy Trooper

He still has a formidable navy. Can't exactly ignore it while shifting focus against stronger player.

Garry

Raider

I think it depends. If you can take quick resources from the weaker player, then grab them and become stronger than the strong player.

On the other hand if all you are doing is bleeding yourself dry over nothing with the weaker player, then hold defense or even cease fire with the weaker guy so you can both focus on the strong player.

adayofjoy

Heavy Trooper

Now that the stronger player has been beaten down and surrender, all that's left is the "weaker" player.
Only problem is that he has a massive +1000 income per turn advantage.
Tips?