Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

Keyrel

Trooper

Hello,

on Kickstarter there's a new game like Battle Isle 2 and Weewar.
Check it out at once, and yet support it, if you've got there too interested. The game itself is called Battle World: Kronos.

The url for the Kickstarter project is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/battle-worlds-kronos-turn-based-strategy-revisited

or to the website of the game it's right here: http://battle-worlds.com/

Shulgin

Tank

hey ladies and gents, how's it going? long time no see.

i logged on just to advertise this promising looking game on kickstarter. turns out somebody already did. it won't be for free but i think with battle world kronos there might finally be a game to replace weewar. the most promising feature for me is what they call asynchronous multiplayer, i.e. playing weewar style.

go and support these guys!

wala69

Trooper

Done and paid

Daithi

Raider

Looks great but can I play it in my browser at work?

Keyrel

Trooper

@ Daithi
from the website (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/battle-worlds-kronos-turn-based-strategy-revisited):
A stand-alone game for PC, Mac and Linux, that can also be played in all relevant browsers via plug-in.

See here:

Daithi

Raider

yay plugins. I'm sure work will love that

Wasserlasser

Trooper

I checked, work does not mind, you are good to go

Daithi

Raider

I was being sarcastic. I can install anything I like on my work machines. However all plugins ever created are a vile plague of filth and wretchedness forced upon humanity. I mean there's the evil of flash that's no longer supported on several phones and linux. There's the putrid vomit that was quicktime and real player. Then there's the absurd excrement like desura and other insane nonsense.
I only just tolerate flash for Weewar. I have no intention of installing any other bug ridden bloaty filthy malware into my browser but thanks for offering.

The thing I hate about plugins is that for web based, turn based games I can't just go to any browser and take my turn.
Plugins make it a game I have to install and only play in certain places.
Which defeats the entire point.

If I have to go to a certain PC to install something to play I might as well be playing an RTS like Planetary Annhilation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/04/2013 00:40:22

wala69

Trooper

OK, no more jokes with you I guess...

sims

Heavy Trooper

Daithi wrote:
Plugins make it a game I have to install and only play in certain places.
Which defeats the entire point.

*cough cough*
A mobile game might be what you are looking for then... you should really give uniwar a try. Its maybe not so fancy graphics like this coming game, but still way better than weewars.
I am a forum moderator on uniwar.com and freqently talk with the developers

sims

Heavy Trooper

btw. BW Kronos is looking mighty nice.. will definately check it out when it comes

Shulgin

Tank

bump! one more week to support the project on kickstarter

Weeseltown

Raider

will play it, any weewarriors on kronos?

Shulgin

Tank

well, i gave them money on kickstarter so i'll probably be there as soon as the beta starts. i'll try to use the same nick like here.

Yourtime

Raider

Weeseltown wrote:will play it, any weewarriors on kronos?

backed for it, hope you will have it too

previous 1 2 next