Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Darkbee

Berserker

I've been trying (not very hard I might add) to do as the subject of this post suggests for a while but seemingly without success... until now that is. Anyway, I thought I'd share my little tidbits with other Weewar users in case they are suffering from similar confusion (with apologies if this is already common knowledge).

The first important point to note is that Greasemonkey support is built into Iron/Chrome. You do not need to install a Greasemonkey extension. However, you cannot go installing scripts willy-nilly, there is a particular procedure you have to install.

Most general instructions for adding GreaseMonkey scripts to Chrome will tell you that you have to click on the "install" button on Userscripts.org. Which is fine but what if the script isn't avaiable on Userscripts.org, or the version there is out-dated with little, to no possibility of being updated? Furthermore, attempts to add scripts from random locations will be met with a message telling you that you have to install scripts from the Chrome Web Store. Surely there has to be a way to do it manually! There is! Follow these instructions:

• First you need to download your script at the source, for example Daithi's Teamchat script. Make sure it's saved with a user.js file extension and note your save location.

• Open Iron/Chrome, click on the wrench or menu button and go to the tools menu and choose extentions.

• Now, open a file explorer window and browse to the location you saved your script to. Drag it to the extensions page.

• You'll be prompted asking you if you want to add the script (of course you do!). Et voila, it now appears in your extensions list.

• Note: It's critical you go to the extensions page before dragging and dropping the script. If you don't, you'll get a message saying that you have to add scripts via the Chrome Web Store and the adding of the script will fail.

Daithi

Raider

Hello, sorry I meant to update my site with that information. It didn't used to be like that but for 'security' reasons google decided to make chrome evil because you can't possibly trust a script that isn't from the chrome store.
    I discovered this myself when I tried to install an updated version I was working on.

This change happened in the latest update. suffice to say I'm quite annoyed because they don't make it obvious that you can still do a manual install.

I did consider adding teamchat to the chrome store but there are a couple of problems involved. The first being that being a recent change there's probably a back log of scripts for them to check. The second thing that I'm not sure about yet is if they'll reject teamchat because of the way it operates over multiple domains.

I am aware of this problem and I hope to do something constructive about it.

Thanks for reminding me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2012 16:29:12

Darkbee

Berserker

I kept meaning to ask you about because I knew you were Chrome user but somehow it just never found its way to the forefront of my to-do list. Anyway, I too finally got overly annoyed by this seemly snub by Google of "advanced users" and set about finding a way to circumvent it. Turns out (I guess to Google's credit) the answer is in fact right on their Chrome site but I had always just glazed over the fine print.

The "fix" is pretty simple after all that. All's well that ends well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2012 19:56:55

EvilElf

Heavy Trooper

Do the scripts still work on the current weewar version running? I used to love the bank one.

Daithi

Raider

I think only Teamchat and the Stats scripts work

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

The bank one has been dead for a while, if I remember correctly it used the turn history data and that got removed a while back