Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

Mendacious

Trooper

Does anybody know of any other good games that are very similar to Wee Wars on the internet?

Games that are multiplayer strategy/turn based. The only problem I have with Wee Wars is that there is a limit to the map size and bigger maps tend to slow the interface down.

Daithi

Raider

there's http://elitecommand.net/ and http://warnet.ee/

thuldai

Raider

I'm currently somewhat enjoying "Great BIG War Game". It's for mobile platforms though (not sure if PC also) so not sure if their maps are big enough for you. Also multiplayer maxes out at 2.

It's a bit like weewar but better graphics, much better campaign and somewhat better AI, tho not much. And it's being developed and maintained. In-game chatting is possible but very limited (no history). No "hang-out chat" like we have here.

Daithi has tried it too he might have things to add.

Daithi

Raider

Great Big Wargame and Great Little Wargame are great ideas but they're a bit of a let down.

The chat is so awkward you don't, there are almost no games. You need up with no idea how many players there are and no way to discuss tactics. There is a pc version of Great Little Wargame but it's single player only, no online multiplayer, only hot seat. I haven't looked for a PC version of Great Big Wargame yet.

The other thing that undermines Great Big Wargame is you can buy extra units that others don't have. So you find yourself trying to kill and indestructible commando and you're thinking wtf can't I build that.

Could've been a great game but I find it a bit of a let down.

thuldai

Raider

I only encountered to-buy units once, some flame tank that was easily taken down by a Bazooka. I can build commando in multiplayer games, not sure if you need to be far enough in the campaign to get them? I didn't think so. Weird.

The other unit one needs to buy is the medic. Haven't encountered that one online (in my ~half-dozen games with strangers).

To other remarks by Daithi I fully agree. Except I don't think it's that much of a let-down.

Daithi

Raider

Maybe I was a little harsh about Great Big War Game. I just like the community aspect of games as well as playing and I don't feel like you get that with Great Big War Game. Also I keep losing and I don't know of resources to help me understand why.

sirwhale

Heavy Trooper

Warnet continues to develop very nicely, I would recomend it to everyone on here.

Daithi

Raider

It's not totally like weewar but I rather like ferion http://www.ferion.com/?p=373673

JanRoman

Raider

We are working on one every day... http://www.hexfray.com/

If you are a developer, you can always join the development process.

johnmd20

Raider

JanRoman wrote:We are working on one every day... http://www.hexfray.com/

If you are a developer, you can always join the development process.

I really am looking forward to this. My best to the continued development.

kersplat

Raider

Agree with Sirwhal - Warnet is coming along very nicely. Balduran and team are still very active and responsive as developers. The game has a Medieval setting instead of modern, but game play and controls are very smooth and intuitive.

Also looking forward to what JanRoman can do with Hexfray.

sims

Heavy Trooper

uniwar is very like weewar.. but with 3 races a little like Starcraft (sapiens, titans, khraleans).
Cross plattform iOS/Android for phone/tablet
Still actively developed.
Main game chat, in-game chat, team chat
(uniwar.com)

Can also be played on PC through an android emulator (i use Bluestacks for that myself)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/02/2013 17:40:54

Sorensson

Heavy Trooper

I just thought I'd do a drive by and post the name of a game not like WW.

bombermine
Basically its a MMO-Bomberman. Addictive and fast paced with 20 minute rounds ending in the world being eaten by pacmans (pacmen?). Everyone starts fresh at every round assuring that noone will build up too much of an advantage in powerups.'

If you see avatar "unprepared" playing the EU or RU servers, please don't kill me, but say hi instead.

muzzl

Trooper

In Great Big War Game I think everybody can make the same units in multiplayer. The commando is $500 (expensive) and if you don't have that much he'll be greyed out so maybe that is why you didn't see it.

Balance wise I think the game is just about perfect, all the units are interesting and serve a purpose and there are very many of them.

I'm not sure there's a penalty if somebody just abandons a game though.

muzzl

Trooper

I just started playing this one, it seems pretty good:

assault-squad.com

It's very similar to WeeWar but there are more units and optional fog of war and unit upkeep. It's got a world war 2 theme. As far as I can tell it's a Russian game and most of the players are Russian, but the interface is in English and it's not hard to pick up if you understand these kind of games.

previous 1 2 next