Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

Poll results: Do you like my maps?

Yes!! 0% [ 0 ]
No! 100% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

«

lalorobot

Trooper

So this are my first maps I hope you like them :)
Map 1 Close quarters-

http://weewar.com/map/60220
It is a little 1 vs 1 map

Map 2 Warfare in the woods-

http://weewar.com/map/60261
It is a 4 player battle to control the center! (it is also full of woods :D)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/09/2012 14:47:10

Sorensson

Heavy Trooper

There are no troopers to capture the bases in the first one.

Darkbee

Berserker

lalorobot, I'd probably not bother polls about "is my map good?" because you're invariably going to get a response "no". Mostly because making good maps is hard and takes some skill but also because people see you as fishing for compliments and that generally irks people, so they'll tend to respond in the negative.

By all means, ask for guidance and help with testing but don't expect much positive in the way back when asking for plain opinions.

As with what Sorrenson said, while a map doesn't have to have troopers or even bases to capture, your first map is kind of redundant and wouldn't be very interesting.

The second map seems okay, a lot of people don't like symmetrical maps (often because it gives players going first a slight advantage). The large area of forest could make for a tediously slow game. Conclusion, it's an okay map for a first try. Nothing spectacular but it is playable.

lalorobot

Trooper

Darkbee-
Thanks for that I am going to make some changes to them :)
Edit:
I changed them close quarters now has troopers and warfare in the woods much less woods :D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/09/2012 16:58:41

Darkbee

Berserker

That's better.

Make sure you count hexes for how far away bases are from units. It looks like some colors might be closer which could give them an advantage. Also on the second map, keep in mind that forest slow units down so while some colors may have a clear path to certain bases/locations, other colors do not (as you have the map currently). Again, this will give certain colors an advantage (because they can get to certain places faster).

Keep working at it. Making (good) maps is not easy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/09/2012 21:39:17

lalorobot

Trooper

ok thanks! :D
Edit:
I fixed some problems with warfare in the woods!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/2012 14:46:50

Casaubon

Tank

-I voted no before you made roads into the difficult terrain. (woods)

lalorobot

Trooper

Casaubon wrote:-I voted no before you made roads into the difficult terrain. (woods)

No problem