Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

Hey, i mentioned in a previous thread about setting up a team tournament which would be played via a world map, moving your army strategically.

Well I've completed a world map, using already popular maps that are fair and I'm now looking for two people to present a team of 3 people (including yourself) to play a Beta tournament.
This will mainly to iron out any kinks and see if the the method of the game works.

If your interested please post in this thread including the names of the two other members in your team.

(The interactive world map which will be updated as the games are completed, showing your team conquering the map)

(The external forum I've set up which will home the strategic moves made by your team leader)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/09/2012 02:36:42

thuldai

Raider

I'd been in to give it a (test-) shot, anybody wants to join me?

Boris_spanky_long

Trooper

yes, me, I want. Can I? Whats the name of our team?

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

Great Thuldai! that means a lot that your interested.

For now i ask everyone to join the forum (excuse the domain name)
www.finalboss.org/forum

At least there we can organise the teams into usergroups.

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

Hey Thuldai are you still interested?
We have 2 teams set up, just need one more.

You started making your team, do you have 2 members yet? There are a few people on the forum interested in joining you.

www.finalboss.org/forum

thuldai

Raider

Hi there

Sorry was real busy for some time and will remain so for at least some more days. Saw the beta teams, are they all set? Else I found some other players here that would join my team.

And in any case, what next?

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

thuldai wrote:Hi there

Sorry was real busy for some time and will remain so for at least some more days. Saw the beta teams, are they all set? Else I found some other players here that would join my team.

And in any case, what next?

thuldai, all we're waiting for now is for you to decide which region you want to invade.
http://finalboss.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12
^Check this thread.

You can always have someone else make the decisions if you like.

thuldai

Raider

Nah, I picked. Wasn't too hard as there is really only one region adjacent to where we started...

Did you get my turn?

EDIT: Uh, I guess you did. Next turn expected I take it? Hadn't seen the "borders" either, good to know how one can move!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/09/2012 19:42:11

ParahSalin

Heavy Trooper

<--- interested in joining a team for this

SgtShanks

Heavy Trooper

For anyone interested, the tournament has begun and the first battle between the Kings Blitz team and the Conquistadors for the Conquistadors homeland is underway:
http://weewar.com/game/386833

(The map so far)

mikesakura

Trooper

i would advise people to avoid bakasam. he openly cheats and is a bigoted troll.

and i'm not making that accusation lightly, i have screenshots for anyone who would like to see the proof.

nor am i interested in making a big deal out of this, but for the sake of the community i'm flagging bakasam as a player to avoid. consider yourself warned.

thuldai

Raider

This opposes my experience although I haven't ever played him myself but only watched him play a game as well as interacted with him on that BIGwar beta testing.

Your accusations need much more concrete support to be considered serious.

mikesakura

Trooper

did you read my entire post? i think you missed this part:
"i'm not making that accusation lightly, i have screenshots for anyone who would like to see the proof."

maybe play a few games with him first and then see what you think.

thuldai

Raider

You're still making that accusation, if lightly or not, and I'd like you to provide that proof for everybody to see so a) we can form our own opinion and b) so bakasam can defend himself. There's no PM feature so I don't know how we could get that "proof" on an individual basis.

If you refuse to provide your proof publicly then it is non-existent and your non-lightly taken accusations are nil.

Normally, such accusations are made very carefully and by immediately mentioning what went (seemingly?) wrong, see how McMonster handled his concerns versus Baino in a thread close-by.

Yes, I will most likely make my own experiences with bakasam, and your "warnings" are utterly useless in warning me in any meaningful way.

So: make your case publicly, not with some vague hand-waving hints to some hidden proof. Or don't make it at all.

mikesakura

Trooper

not sure why you're being this hostile, especially since i was so incredibly clear in my first post. i'm still left with the impression that you're not reading me very carefully. if you'd like to see the proof, why not just ask? it's hardly "hidden"; this is the third time i've offered it. yes, there's no PM feature, but i'm sure you have an email address. or heck, just invite me to a game. not seeing the difficulty here.

and for why i'm not going to threadjack this topic further or create a call-out thread, see how concerns versus kcstuds and alexv were handled in threads close by. for the sake of the forum, i was trying to avoid a flamewar (although that's now seeming unavoidable). this isn't a situation where the absence of evidence is the evidence of absence (a fallacy, fyi), but rather a situation where i was trying to do the right thing.

so i think this will be my last post in this thread. if, on the basis of exactly zero games, you've already decided that my accusations are "nil" and my warning is "utterly useless", then we're both wasting our breath and ruining this thread. for everyone else, i repeat my original offer and you can decide for yourself.

p.s. and for the record, i hope that as you make your own experiences with bakasam that everything goes smoothly. people can certainly change for the better, especially when the spotlight is on them. this doesn't mean the past didn't happen, but i'd rather an active player like bakasam stays active, so long as he lays off the kicking, cheating, trolling, antisemitism, etc, etc. best of luck!

previous 1 2 next