Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 next

Darkbee

Berserker

Your post was cod-awful Tyger.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I've got 1 day 15 hours over on my game, this the third time I've sent a reminder. And while Last log in isn't always accurate, he shows logging in 7 hours ago and before that it listed that he had logged in a couple of hours after I had moved.

We're the last game for this round and I'm going to be out of town in several weeks and would really like to have this thing wrapped up before then.

How long would the judges like me to wait?

thuldai

Raider

Tygerdave: Wait until beetstreet is 24 hours over for this turn, then you can boot him. If he should ever go over his time again, you may boot him too, without waiting any further.

beetstreet: If you've lost interest in the game or are occupied by Real Life or similar, please let us know, so we can proceed in the tournament.

I wanted to post this in the game chat but somehow I managed to screw it up in the process. Very sorry about that. Also the record of at least three late reminders by Tygerdave has vanished along with it, but I vouch having seen them and this shall be a written record of that fact.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

He is now 24 hours over, I hate to boot in a rated game but it is the tournament and I do think that it's been over for a while now.

Darkbee

Berserker

Didn't we just have issues with skipping? I thought there rules were that you had to wait 3 days, but I'm only on the periphery for this tournament so I could just be making s**t up.

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

i got to take a couple turns with real life. i haven't been able to keep up with one day turns. you had me beat anyway. thanks to the organizers for pushing the tourney forward.

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

i will also vouch for the three reminders.

thuldai

Raider

I just re-read the rules and they state to only boot once the opponent is three days over. They aren't clear on how many reminders to send before that or if separate one-day-over events "count" towards those three days but really, rather not, so I was a bit pre-emptive telling Tygerdave to boot beetstreet once 24 hrs over.

But thanks a lot, beetstreet, for your understanding. Indeed I also had the impression that you were on the way down (else I might have hesitated longer) but still, rules are rules. A gold star for fairness and goodwill to beetstreet.

Semi-finals to be started!

Next round's map shall be Copes' version of Fishy Lakes, as thankfully suggested by Tygerdave:

http://weewar.com/map/55617

Please start the semi-finals and post game links! (Wow, we're synced for a few days with the Euro 2012!)

Your pushing-T2012-forward-till-it-hurts-pusher Thuldai

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Map suggestion for finals: http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/493.page - Any of them in the first 'blue' section would be great thanks!

General_Death

Tank

Hmm.. I honestly agree with Mapmaker, the maps to any tourney should be known prior to the start of the tourney. That last map was lame, I still probably would've played it out and see who won anyway, but it really was a poor decider. Either way, good luck to the rest of the players nonetheless!

Juffe

Raider

I'm going off on a computerless vacation for at least two weeks starting this weekend. If there's anxiety to move onto the final, I understand, but I'd like to be able to continue the tournament when I get back. I will leave ye to meditate on this, Tyger, Copes and the Judges.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I'm going on Vacation in a few weeks and had hoped we might have things finished before then. So just an FYI - if we wait the two weeks now you may need to wait an additional week later for me. Of course the round started 10 days ago and you guys are on round 7, so I may be back before you're anywhere close to being finished

Copes

Heavy Trooper

Well, now that I've been eliminated and I'm just an impartial observer, let me suggest Copes UTI as a possible map for the final: http://weewar.com/map/39170 We used it in the tournament a couple of years ago, and I think it made for some really good games. It's a large map, so it's not really appropriate for an early round since it would take a long time to finish all the games. But I think it would make for a great championship game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/2012 06:24:30

thuldai

Raider

Thanks, Copes, for your suggestion, very appreciated! We had actually already chosen that very map (so I'm marginally glad that you lost, Copes, lest I be accused of preferential map-selection), so herewith it shall be official:

The T2012's final map is "Copes' Copy of NM - Under the Influence...".

Our finalists Tygerdave and Juffe can take a week max to practice on that map, then (August 11th) at the latest please start the final. Of course, you're also welcome to start asap, I leave that to you.

This is assuming Tygerdave is around at all (holidays?). Please let us know if you (=Tygerdave) need more time to look at this map.

May the Luck be with you!

Thuldai for the T2012 organizers

thuldai

Raider

Congratulations to Juffe, the official Tournament 2012 winner!

Also congrats to Tygerdave to his well-deserved silver medal, platter, trooper or whatever he fancies in silver!

And big kudos to Cowboy3 and Copes who made it to the semi-finals and hence share place 3 & 4 with each other (due to a lack of direct encounter we have to leave it at that).

Anybody who keeps track of those tournament winners shall please enter them into their statistics.

Then regular-sized kudos to everybody else for their (mostly) timely playing and their (mostly) very civil, fair and polite participation. All in all it was very inspiring to see the sportsmanship and politeness demonstrated by our participants, a few notable exception excluded, of course.

This officially concludes the T2012 and if that's not celebratory enough just (re-)watch the closing ceremonies of the London 2012 olympics, they only did it for us.

Cheers!

Thuldai
in the name of the T2012-OC, which consisted at least at some point in time of (in alphabetical order):
Casaubon
Daithi
Darkbee
McMonster
Shulgin
Thuldai

previous 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 next