Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

eraticationater

Trooper

So i was wondering. I've seen a lot of maps with island hopping based battles, but i cant seem to figure out how to get my units across the water. am i just missing something here? please help.

thuldai

Raider

Yeah, there's no unit transport. The only unit that can do land and water and capture those island bases is the hovercraft.

You have destroyers and battleships that can rain pain unto land-based units (to clean enemy islands). And then there are the air units that don't care what's underneath them.

Garry

Raider

Hoovercraft FTW !

Darkbee

Berserker

Garry wrote:Hoovercraft FTW !

Aren't they the units responsible for cleaning up wee-messes?

kersplat

Raider

Leave it to Bee...

Yep hovercraft are the only way to go in that situation.

Darkbee

Berserker

Don't be like that Kersplat... it's just good, clean fun!

Garry

Raider

Nope Darkbee, the clean-up bots are HOOVERcraft....

YesWeCan

Trooper

I just play a map with a central island containing two bases, yet surrounded by forest. My guess: there is no way to capture those?

Darkbee

Berserker

YesWeCan wrote:I just play a map with a central island containing two bases, yet surrounded by forest. My guess: there is no way to capture those?

It's possible to create all kinds of nonsensical maps or situations where maps can't be won. My map Three for Two is an example of a map that could end in a stalemate.

entregreeneur

Heavy Trooper

YesWeCan wrote:I just play a map with a central island containing two bases, yet surrounded by forest. My guess: there is no way to capture those?

Well, there's a map that ought to be deleted.

Or at the very least, modified with bridges to allow troopers to cross to the islands.

xXODTDXxSHIELD

Heavy Trooper

this brings back memories reminiscent of Advance wars XD