Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 next

Casaubon

Tank

games last too long on middle to big sized maps in my opinion and drag the whole tournament down. for the round coming I suggést smaller ones like this

or this

General_Death

Tank

Mr. Thuldai, I think you guys made a fair decision, although I do think R&G should've moved on.

Just to clarify, I have no more beef with you R&G, you're a good guy, and I always had fun playing with you when you were around more often. It's ok though, this is just a game and I should've been more patient. Take care, and best of luck my friend.

General_Death

Tank

kain7 wrote:thuldai,

you can give us 3 month and i think nothing happens.

this map needs attacking guys, but mapmaker and me are more counterattack-guys.

So nothing will happens here^^

lol, totally agree with Kain, if I was playing, this game would already be over one way or the other .. Most likely with Stirling as the winner

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/05/2012 21:12:56

thuldai

Raider

Ok, so seems we'll have some duelling happening. Unfortunate but not sure how to avoid it at this point.

I'm suggesting my map "DFA multi duel" for this. The map comments contain the instructions. Let me know if you disagree.

I tested the DFA duel, and out of 299 trials I ran (yawn) blue won 75 times and red 79. Still figuring out if this is a significant difference but I doubt it. Not sure if I should test this using a Wilcoxon signed-rank test or some form of Chi-Squared test, any helpful advice is appreciated. If anybody wants to see (and play around with) the data (and/or create even more of it), invite me to a game and I'll show you what I got. [wolfwhistle]

Then, I like the idea of using Boomerang as the next map (the upper one of the two pictures in Casaubon's post above), anybody against it? Does it need balancing? If yes, is there already a more balanced map or could somebody (Stirling?) kindly make one?

Your T2012-organizer-team's communications officer - Thuldai

thuldai

Raider

Ok, all that's left now is for Mapmaker and kain7 to duel over who's going to proceed. Please use this map:

http://www.weewar.com/map/59272

Instructions are in the map description. Please post who won including a game link.

And: start of elimination round 3

Starting RIGHT NOW (no blink-tag?!? how annoying...) the remaining contestants are invited to start their next round on Boomerang (http://weewar.com/map/31538). Don't forget to put "T2012" in your game title and don't forget to post links to your games here so I can put them on challonge sooner or later. I don't care who invites whom, please figure it out. If you can't agree on who shall begin, please post here and we'll flip a coin.

Exceptions are cowboy3 who doesn't have to play to proceed and Juffe who has to wait for the result of the duel.

Good luck all around!

Your T2012-keep-it-moving officer - Thuldai

Modified by Darkbee: There you go. Is that annoying enough for you?

Edit by Thuldai: Awesome, thanks. How did you make the IMG? Is there a quick/dirty/easy way?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/06/2012 09:18:46

kain7

Heavy Trooper

http://www.weewar.com/game/368830
i invite mapmaker and i will wait until he agrees

Note: i make this game "unrated"

Casaubon

Tank

map announcements in challonge have been updated

thuldai

Raider

Thanks kain7. Enjoy your time at the mountain lake beaches until Mapmaker shows up.

Thanks Cas.

kain7

Heavy Trooper

So i will wait until tomorrow, than i will begin the fight

Edit:

No interest to wait longer now i begin the fight

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/06/2012 14:35:14

kain7

Heavy Trooper

Game end

Mapmaker wins and goes to the next round

thuldai

Raider

Thanks kain7, sorry for your loss. Is Mapmaker still around?

In any case it's time to keep on tourmenting! Did any next-round-games start?

pegax

Heavy Trooper

Casaubon wrote:games last too long on middle to big sized maps in my opinion and drag the whole tournament down. for the round coming I suggést smaller ones like this

or this

Or even smaller like this

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

http://www.weewar.com/game/369150
next round

thuldai

Raider

Cool, all (three) games of the 3rd elimination round are on their way. If you want to peek in you could consider using the challonge site where I put links to the games.

Only MapMaker hasn't accepted Juffe's challenge quite yet, not sure he's realized at all that he won the DFA duel against kain7 but hopefully he'll get around to playing Juffe soon.

Good luck & brains to all the remaining players and good fun to all the onlookers!

Your keep-the-T2012-forums-alive officer Thuldai

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/2012 07:43:41

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

http://weewar.com/user/Copes/maps

Fishy Lakes went well as the final last year - Copes updated it
UTI is seen a lot in the tournament - Copes update seems the best balanced of the versions

I still harbor doubts about any version of Sea Invasion being balanced, I think tales of it's fairness are just fish stories, but the tide of public opinion may be against me so I'll clam up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/06/2012 20:59:41

previous 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 next