Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 next

General_Death

Tank

That was unexpected, why would you quit?? I thought you would hear the judges decision first.

Either way, no need for judge deliberation. I was wrong, I'm sorry I was in a most foul mood yesterday R&G and i took it out on you. Even though I gave you ample warning, 5 reminders in a game are more than a warning, and it wasn't 3. People who were watching could verify that for you. I'll drop out of the tourney for that, gl to you, you can proceed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/05/2012 18:03:22

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

we should get the players eliminated by gd and rg in the last round (testeclese and hotchili) to start a game just in case both gd and rg pull out of the tourney or both are disqualified by the judges.

General_Death

Tank

Hi Beetstreet, I'm only giving up the position if R&G wants it, if he declines it, I don't mind continuing. Anyway, hope that clarifies my position. Cheers,

Rosenstern_and_Guildencrantz

Heavy Trooper

It's been about a week now and I'm certainly not mad anymore but I would like to address some of your comments in a civilized manner.

General_Death wrote:
All he does is never attack, in a game that is defence biased

I'm sorry you were frustrated with my defensive approach. It was my first time ever playing a full game on a map I didn't know very well.

Secondly, given the nature of a single elimination tournament, I didn't feel the need to attempt a high risk attack strategy I wasn't positioned for. Given more time, I certainly would have attacked you.

General_Death wrote:
Also, when anybody attacks, he takes forever to think of the best outcomes possible. Even if it passes the game time over a few times, he still expects to get his thinking time.

You make it seem as if I sat starring at the board for three days unwilling to make my turn. In actuality, I logged in for 15 minutes, took note of your attack, moved a few pieces, and had to get to another commitment. Not wanting to rush the most important turn of the game in a matter of a few minutes I decided to finish my turn later. I had no time to finish my turn until about a day or so later when I logged in and you had skipped me. I'm not denying that you have a faster playing style than me because you certainly do but isn't everyone entitled to plan an attack before they move their pieces?

General_Death wrote:
I met R&G when he was ranked 1850, he had zero losses, I played him Jovanas, and almost had him surrendering, but it ended in a draw. I knew then it was a mistake, I should’ve kept going till I defeated him.

I'm not sure why this was even necessary to bring up. We ended that game after round 50 with almost identical size armies. You make it seem as if you handed me a draw out of kindness, when it was actually a completely fair split. I did notice how you failed to mention my win against you in a rated game on nikki's sea invasion map when I had you all but finshed and decided to offer you peace merely because I had beat you the previous game and didn't want to take anymore points from you (as a thank you for teaching me a lot about the game).

General_Death wrote:
then played one lame map a billion times to figure it out (symwar 2) and that was the only map he played rated for most of his games.

I did indeed play a lot of games on that map because I really enjoyed it. I never cared much about points though and I can't understand what it has to do with you skipping me.

General_Death wrote:
never even mentions any word that I had a lot to do with his learning in this game and subsequent success.

You have had a tremendous amount of influence on my improvement within this game. I have never said otherwise. Without a doubt I've played more games against you than anyone else on this site. I can't thank you enough for all the pointers you have given me over the years. I'm still not sure what this has to do with you skipping me though...

Again, I'm sorry I got heated. I was mostly so iritated because we were further along than any other game and I just didnt see a reason for the skip. What was the end goal? To get me to play faster so we could finish up our game and then have to wait for everyone else to finish? Either way we were gonna wait at some point, what did it matter if it was during one of my turns or after our game was over?

Anyway, I know it was mostly out of your frustration with me being slow, which I admit I was at times. Weewar isn't a top priority for me in life. I go to the gym before work and sometimes head out for drinks after work (neglecting my weewar turns). I could have made it a priority for this tournament and didn't, so perhaps it's my fault.

thuldai

Raider

Sorry this took so long but there was quite some back and forth with General_Death (GD), Rosenstern_and_Guildencrantz (RnG) and among the thinning group of organizers. What's come of it:

The organizers offered to RnG to go on in the tournament as GD didn't technically have the right to skip yet as the rules specify ""do NOT skip or boot your opponent before day 3 of inactivity and before you have sent a reminder." While GD had reminded RnG more than 3 times during the game, on this particular instance RnG hadn't been over 3 days yet. A majority of the organizers hence thought that it was to RnG to move on.

RnG rejected this offer as he didn't want to win like this. He suggested to restart the game. But then due to time constraints and continued differences between RnG and GD that didn't happen either.

So what the remaining active organizers (Daithi and myself) decided is that none of them will move on, and that whoever would have played the winner next will pass to the next round without having to face an opponent. This lucky (?) person seems to be cowboy3 unless McMonster comes back soon.

Cheers!

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I think that's a good call, it's amazing that tournament breaks every year at around this point. Games don't move, the judges are getting worn down, and things are moving so slow that everyone not still playing gets disinterested.

When this one is over we should start a thread and see if we can come up with some ideas that might help for next year.

thuldai

Raider

In order to speed things up a bit (or not let them get even slower) we're posting a
deadline for elimination round 2
and it is:

May 31st

(Year: 2012, just in case there were doubts)

This only effects the two remaining games:
Mapmaker vs. kain7 : Two huge armies face each other, more scared by the enemy than persuaded by their own strength. If by then no player got a clear (to you, the players) advantage we'll have to resort to DFA duels (suggestions are welcome, couldn't find a map).
Copes vs. Shulgin : Shulgin has been gone for a long time. As soon as Copes decides to pull the plug we have a winner. If he doesn't and Shulgin comes back but no clear winner emerges by the deadline, then we might have to do the DFA duelling as well.

We're also looking into suggestions for next round's map, please post here. Alternatively, players can just mutually agree on what map they want to play on, let me know if the remaining players like that idea.

Cheers!

thuldai

Raider

What about this map:

http://weewar.com/map/41072 Any opinions on balance?

http://weewar.com/map/46955 Would need balancing by someone (Stirling?), also: could that end up being too slow?

Any opinions are appreciated. I don't mind if you don't like the maps (I have very little knowledge about maps) but I'd appreciate it if you suggested a better one.

kain7

Heavy Trooper

today you guys give us an deadline for 1 week.

Tomorrow i go on vacation for 1 week, so you can begin to search an dfa-duell map

thuldai

Raider

Do you think an additional week of actual playing will actually tip your game one way or the other?

If you do think so, we're more than happy to extend the deadline by another week.

Be honest.

kain7

Heavy Trooper

thuldai,

you can give us 3 month and i think nothing happens.

this map needs attacking guys, but mapmaker and me are more counterattack-guys.

So nothing will happens here^^

Juffe

Raider

thuldai wrote: If by then no player got a clear (to you, the players) advantage we'll have to resort to DFA duels (suggestions are welcome, couldn't find a map).

Here's a map I used to check whether terrain affects dfa v s dfa destruction probabilities (it doesn't). http://weewar.com/map/55575
If someone feels uncomfortable having their side on the repairshops, it's easy to change them into plains.

thuldai

Raider

I made one (my very first map, ha!):

http://weewar.com/map/59254

Juffe

Raider

thuldai wrote:I made one (my very first map, ha!):

http://weewar.com/map/59254

If you made the map with several pairs of DFA:s, you wouldn't have to always restart if the duel is a draw, but instead just move down to the next pair.

thuldai

Raider

Excellent idea. Here it is:

http://weewar.com/map/59272

Any suggestions for next round's map? Anybody?

previous 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 next