Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

jeye

Tank

Hi since I wasn't able to find the thread about new unit ideas in this forum i made a new thread here:

Name: Flak Tank (HARD)
Purpose: The Flak Tank can put out a lot of damage against enemy air units but only at close range.
Price: 400
Defense: 9
Attack(Soft/Hard/Air/Speedboat/Amphibic/Sub/BOAT): 10/5/13/6/6/0/6
Range: 1-1
Movement: 12
Repair: 2
Can move and shoot.

Name: Tankhunter (HARD)
Purpose: Killing enemy Hard Units.
Price: 500
Defense: 10
Attack(Soft/Hard/Air/Speedboat/Amphibic/Sub/BOAT): 4/18/0/8/8/0/8
Movement: 9
Can move and shoot.

Name: Twin Tank (HARD)
Purpose: A Tank variant with 2 cannons. Its very useful to kill infantry hordes and break through enemy frontlines.
Price: 450
Defense: 10
Attack(Soft/Hard/Air/Speedboat/Amphibic/Sub/BOAT): 10/6/0/7/7/0/7
Can attack twice.
Can move and shoot.

Name: Torpedo Bomber (Air)
Purpose: Killing Battleships, Subs and Destroyers.
Price: 900
Defense: 11
Attack(Soft/Hard/Air/Speedboat/Amphibic/Sub/BOAT): 6/4/0/6/6/7/16
Range: 1-2
Movement: 18,3
Repair: 3 (at Airfields only)
Can move and shoot.

Name: Launcher (Ambhibic)
Purpose: A heavy Missile Launcher mainly against naval units.
Price: 800
Defense: 7
Attack(Soft/Hard/Air/Speedboat/Amphibic/Sub/BOAT): 6/8/0/8/10/0/14
Range: 2-3 (2-5 vs BOAT)
Can move and shoot.

Name: Cruiser (BOAT)
Purpose: Strong over water power.
Price: 1000
Defense: 14
Attack(Soft/Hard/Air/Speedboat/Amphibic/Sub/BOAT): 10/10/6/12/12/4/16
Range: 1-3 (1-1 vs Sub)
Can move and shoot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/07/2008 11:46:47

Lucian

Berserker

Add paratrooper to that list for an aerial unit that can capture bases. Huge movement, but little in terms of offense/defense.

Po

Berserker

Flack Tank seems a lot like AA to me. :p

matt538

Heavy Trooper

I think helicopters should be able to capture bases. The expense of them would balance nicely with their great range. So you'd have to really think twice if you want to use one the capture.

Po

Berserker

Interesting idea...Units rappelling down, like in Black Hawk Down, to take over.

Uncontrol

Trooper

I just want something I can transport troops in.

jeye

Tank

Po wrote:Flack Tank seems a lot like AA to me. :p

nope. The Flak Tank has a range of 1-1 so aircraft can return fire.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/07/2008 15:20:40

jeye

Tank

matt538 wrote:I think helicopters should be able to capture bases. The expense of them would balance nicely with their great range. So you'd have to really think twice if you want to use one the capture.

interesting idea. The heli cost should increase a little then.

Po

Berserker

jeye wrote:nope. The Flak Tank has a range of 1-1 so aircraft can return fire.

I said "a lot like," not "exactly like." ;p

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/07/2008 20:51:59

Rahl

Raider

+1 for tank hunter for the option of a brute force land attack difficult to pull off with arts

clone9494

Trooper

Why only make maps? Why not units too!

I think they should let Pro people design, and create their own unit, with w/e firepower, movement, and range they want, but make it cost more depending on the stats. They could have the image be like... uhhh... the persons profile image tinted their color, or a uploaded image. It wouldn't be on everybody's build menu, only people in that game, and it would have to be unrated games only though... I have always thought that a superman type guy would be cool... lol! Or maybe they could charge people per unit...

What do you guys think of my idea?

I would think about becoming pro if they did something like that...

fabbrett

Trooper

SAM (Soft)
surface air missile launcher
cost: 450?
air attack 9
move 2 range 1-3
cannot move and shoot
Will fire on any enemy air unit that makes an attack within its range.
So if an enemy aircraft within 3 hexes of a SAM tries to attack one of your ground units , the aircraft first has to take damage from the SAM attack. multiple SAM's mean multiple attacks.

Darkbee

Berserker

clone9494 wrote:Why only make maps? Why not units too!

I think they should let Pro people design, and create their own unit, with w/e firepower, movement, and range they want, but make it cost more depending on the stats. They could have the image be like... uhhh... the persons profile image tinted their color, or a uploaded image. It wouldn't be on everybody's build menu, only people in that game, and it would have to be unrated games only though... I have always thought that a superman type guy would be cool... lol! Or maybe they could charge people per unit...

The only problem is it could potentially kill the gameplay if you have seemingly invincible units of steel, that can leap bases in a single bound.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 31/07/2008 01:31:18

jeye

Tank

fabbrett wrote:SAM (Soft)
surface air missile launcher
cost: 450?
air attack 9
move 2 range 1-3
cannot move and shoot
Will fire on any enemy air unit that makes an attack within its range.
So if an enemy aircraft within 3 hexes of a SAM tries to attack one of your ground units , the aircraft first has to take damage from the SAM attack. multiple SAM's mean multiple attacks.

interesting idea, but 3 of those units in a good position can get any aircraft killed which attacks a nearby unit. So i strongly suggest to let the sam unit shoot at the aircraft simultanously while the aircraft is attacking. For the costs i am missing the defense information and information on attacking land units however 450 seems to cheap.

jeye

Tank

clone9494 wrote:Why only make maps? Why not units too!

I think they should let Pro people design, and create their own unit, with w/e firepower, movements, and range they want, but make it cost more depending on the stats. They could have the image be like... uhhh... the persons profile image tinted their color, or a uploaded image. It wouldn't be on everybody's build menu, only people in that game, and it would have to be unrated games only though... I have always thought that a superman type guy would be cool... lol! Or maybe they could charge people per unit...

i like the idea, but the added units should be balanced. the other players who play with the new units should check that.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next