Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

RedLenin

Raider

What's happened to the front page - all links to Units/Terrain/Strategies etc. have disappeared?

Also, when it was there, the link to Raiders (under Units) has recently had its hyperlink removed. Could we have that back, too, please?

Not sure where to post this so apologies if this isn't the best place - not even sure who maintains this site.

kersplat

Raider

Yep, looks like the content got cleaned out - says the last mod was June 24 by the admin, which I believe is bonchon. The interesting thing is the admin's last login date shows May 16. Doesn't add up.

RedLenin

Raider

So where are you, Bonchon?? I did use this site a lot (since I forget so easily the nuts and bolts of the game) and I would like to get it back!

SeJoWa

Trooper

Missing the Wiki very much!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

This has been brought up before but no one has heard anything from bonchon. I'll invite him to a game and ask him what's up. If something wrong happened, i.e. it got hacked or corrupted, or bonchon doesn't have the time to maintain it anymore, perhaps it is time to move it?

kersplat

Raider

I'm playing a game with him now. He said that somebody hosed the content. He's trying to figure out who it was and have them banned. He's also working on getting things back up. Not sure how much time he has for it right now.

RedLenin

Raider

Shouldn't take long to do that surely?

As to whoever did this, well, what a complete moron!

bonchon

Heavy Trooper

Sorry everyone, I'm back!

Some major TOOL found a way to vandalize the home page of the wiki and erase its history as well, so I couldn't just roll it back.

None of the pages were lost other than that, thankfully, so for now I've just linked to all the 2nd-level pages, and we can rewrite it to be a bit more well organized next.

If anyone would like to have a crack at editing the front page now, please feel free. Otherwise, I'll try to give it a rewrite over the weekend.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I'll give it a try. Thanks for bringing it back!

Edit: I can't edit it though... no access for me

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 19/07/2008 00:13:55

bonchon

Heavy Trooper

spadequack - sorry, I had it set to admin-only for editing. My bad. It's editable by all registered users, now.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I redid the front page to look like the old one, mostly.

bonchon - after I rename a page, the backlinks dropdown menu disappears. Do you know why? This is pretty inconvenient since there's no way to go back other than the browser's back button for those pages

bonchon

Heavy Trooper

If you rename a page, any page that had linked to it previously loses its link.

You have to either keep the page as the same name, or go find the places where it was linked to and rename the links.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

I looked at the tikiwiki documentation and the places that linked to the renamed page maintain their link and change the name of the link respectively.

But I just figured out that you have to edit the page that the link was on for the backlinks to update, sometimes. Other times it does it automatically...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 19/07/2008 05:40:37