Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 next

RockyDog

Berserker

any suggestions on the final round GD? we're listening.

General_Death

Tank

Here's a great new one by Tal:

http://www.weewar.com/map/50556

As an alternative, I would love to have a choice out of all the maps played in this tourney, with the other player having choice of position? would that be fair?

McMonster

Tank

both suggestions sound good to this tourney moderator. that map rocks, and seems balanced. GD just finished wooping me there :O I suggest a best 2/3 final on it.

Tal

Trooper

I think that map may be too complicated for such as the final rounds, eh?

General_Death

Tank

Thanks McMonster..

I don't know about that map then, best 2 out of 3 final would be stroke or heart attack material.. lol.. One game is all that is necessary, unless that was part of the rules?

Anyways, I've narrowed it down to the first map .. sweet old Stirling's Aruba, or Weewar Times Square, any ideas about which of the 2 to pick are welcome.. I'll have a final decision for ya once Copes and Tyger finish slugging it out.

Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/09/2010 02:04:30

General_Death

Tank

Actually, RD, is it possible to get a date for the end of round 4? I just want to let you guys know that I will be on vacation for 2 weeks from Oct 14 to oct 29, with virtually no time for internet.. : )

I hope we can start the final before then.

Cheers!

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

General_Death wrote:Actually, RD, is it possible to get a date for the end of round 4?

Copes and I are both married! Stop hitting on us!

General_Death

Tank

Tygerdave wrote:
General_Death wrote:Actually, RD, is it possible to get a date for the end of round 4?

Copes and I are both married! Stop hitting on us!

Ooh, and I forgot to get you a wedding gift, but I haven't received my invitation yet

RockyDog

Berserker

@GD - we will take into account your 2 week hiatus.

@Tyger - you claim to be married but you game moves with the sloth of a confirmed bachelor.
Kudos to your wife if she puts up with the slow speed at which you complete tasks.

Red seems to have the edge, and the two gents are not in cooperative time zones. I'm inclined to let it go a bit further and see what happens.

Maybe we could call it a tie at round 50 and have a 3 way round robin for the final?
Not very world cup like though..... we could have them do a penalty shot best of 3 using the smallest map possible.

lastly - in keeping with the interesting map choices of this tourney - what about patano pequeno for the final make IronCamel sorry he didn't join.

General_Death

Tank

@RD.. that was hilarious.. you think Tyger has cold feet?..

Also, I've done panatano a few times, I've even beat the Ironman there himself.. Of course, as a matter of principal, he beat me in return on my favorite map at the time (Jovana's)

I like pantano, it's just a very slow map. 100 per turn could mean it will go on forever in stalemate, especially for a final.

It's up to you fellas, just some things to consider. I really think Stirling's Aruba could be awesome and quick, and also Weewar Times square.. Those were the fastest maps in this tourney.

Also, out of the 3 of us that are still around, we all won all 3 aruba games at the start ; ).. could be time to find out who the Aruba title holder should be.

With respect to the current game, I think let them fight it out, it honestly looked a few rounds ago that Tyger would need divine intervention to stop Copes' advance.. But he seems to be hanging on..

Whatever you guys decide is alright with me. You can put Centrifuge back on the table also if you like. Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/09/2010 17:47:59

Copes

Heavy Trooper

My game with Tygerdave is finally over: http://weewar.com/game/248269

As far as a map for the final, anything will be fine with me, as long as it's reasonably balanced.

RockyDog

Berserker

Congratulations gentlemen. THe final round has been released in the original thread posting.

I think that is a balanced and lesser played map. Let me know if there are balance concerns before too many rounds go by. (like 3).

ALso - GD notified us of his impending absence (starting Oct 14). No booting from the 13th until his return.

Cheers and good luck!

General_Death

Tank

RockyDog wrote:Congratulations gentlemen. THe final round has been released in the original thread posting.

I think that is a balanced and lesser played map. Let me know if there are balance concerns before too many rounds go by. (like 3).

ALso - GD notified us of his impending absence (starting Oct 14). No booting from the 13th until his return.

Cheers and good luck!

Hey RD, thanks for getting back to us so quickly, but I don't believe this map is balanced. If Copes wants to prove me wrong and be red, I have no problems with playing blue . Not at all meant to offend Mapmaker, and I could be wrong about balance, but I wouldn't otherwise be caught dead playing red in a rated game on this map, especially vs. Copes. My record vs. Copes has been nothing short of terrible.. like 3 losses lol.. It was quite a while back though, but still not good odds, if my math is correct.

Hey, also, I thought I would get to pick color, I took out the previously rated #1 guy for this tourney, shouldn't I get his spot?

I really wouldn't care about color if it was a solid, balanced map.

Cheers!

Copes

Heavy Trooper

Hey GD, no problem -- I'll take red, just send me the invite.

Thanks RockyDog and everyone else who helped organize the First Weewar Cup -- this has been a blast!!

RockyDog

Berserker

Sorry about the map choice. I recalled seeing a number of matches on it a while back that seemed to play out well at the upper levels.

If you don't want the map then suggest this: Copes picks one of the three aforementioned map choices - stirlings aruba, times square or patano pequeno.

GD then chooses color (and yes you were right, you should have assumed the higher seeded slot, my bad).

previous 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 next