Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next

Lucian

Berserker

What diss?! There was supposed to be a diss in there?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2008 10:19:50

Warmaker

Berserker

Here, I'll kick it off. I don't know if we're going Weewar only, or real life, but here's a real life sin.

I worked at a restaurant when I first got married to my wife. There was another waitress who decided she really liked me and I accepted the attention. We never had a physical relationship, but we really clicked. My wife was in school and spending a ton of time working to finish her degree and I didn't get much emotional fulfillment at home. It developed for a month or so before I finally told the other girl I had to stop and I wasn't being fair to my wife. My wife found out and was incredibly upset (we're talking a night or two on the couch for me). But I now have very disctinct and explicit lines over which I do not cross with females I know.

My marriage had a bit of a rough start, but my wife and I quickly learned to live with each other. We respect and love each other and I have never been happier.

Next person!

Darkbee

Berserker

Wow, I don't know what to say. You took the ball Warmaker, ran with it, walked on water and ended up on another continent. Now I almost feel compelled to reveal my deepest, darkest secrets.

DirtStyx

Tank

This one is just WAY to easy. Taking candy from a baby doesn't even describe how wide open that door is.

Lucian

Berserker

We never had a physical relationship, but we really clicked.

Home free. If nothing happened, nothing happened.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2008 23:43:39

troymadsen

Tank

Lucian wrote:
We never had a physical relationship, but we really clicked.

Home free. If nothing happened, nothing happened.

Not too surprising coming from "free-thinker" Lucian.

Lucian

Berserker

Well it's true.

troymadsen

Tank

In your opinion anyways. I would say that if you mess around with "fire" like that long enough you are going to get burned. In the very least you are not being faithful to your partner (I am assuming you wouldn't want your wife, if you're married, to be flirting with other guys). And I am guessing I am not alone on this sentiment.

And what really is "truth" Lucian (just messing with you, I don't really want to open that bag of worms)

Lucian

Berserker

Flirting in terms of physical contact, no. Being friendly with coworkers or having guy friends... all good as long she doesn't fall for them. Just because you're friendly with someone or close with someone, doesn't mean you're flirting. If you're in a secure relationship and trust your woman, then there's no worries. I'm thinking there may have been a bit more than just friendly feelings there though. When friendships get physical, even with a push on the lower back as you open a door for a girl, a pat on the hand or a light punch on the shoulder... that's when you think things over. Other than that, you get immaturely jealous.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/11/2008 02:09:16

troymadsen

Tank

Yeah I would agree with that, although like you said it sounded like the above situation was getting to the point where he needed to seriously consider his actions.

DirtStyx

Tank

I think that there is a lot of this story left to our imaginations and nights on the couch and rough starts for newlyweds do not necessarily come from deep and meaningful conversations from outsiders. I applaud you for weathering the storm and recognizing trouble when it appears (though I'm sure it was nice looking trouble ) Baptisms by fire make anything stronger and in this day and age, trust, compassion, and intimacy are desperately needed. So, if what you have now is worth it, hang on to what you have in a white knuckled, Lucian (or Vulcan) deathgrip. Let nothing come between it and never forget how close you came to throwing it away over a piece of ass. *hopes Bert is not reading this* In the end, that is all it would have been, long forgotten by now, though the trouble would remain. And a piece of ass doesn't know anything about who you truly are. She doesn't know that your farts stink or that you snore like a chainsaw. Your wife does and still decided to stay. To sum it up, good for you War. You made the right choice!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/11/2008 02:49:43

Darkbee

Berserker

Very nice Dirt, you've touched me to my core.

In all seriousness though, we live in a disposable world so it's no wonder that our relationships have become disposable too.

troymadsen

Tank

I believe the latest statistics put over half off all marriages ending up in divorce...just sad. And I think you are right DB, about the disposable lifestyle. People just don't know how to or care to make life-long commitments.

Darkbee

Berserker

troymadsen wrote:People just don't know how to or care to make life-long commitments.

Unless it's on a forum, an IRC chat room, or Instant Messenger.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/11/2008 03:19:15

troymadsen

Tank

So are you officially dedicating yourself to the WeeWar forum for better or worse, in crashes and spam-whoring, till your account is extinguished? If so I now pronounce you user and forum...you may post at will. But please get a private thread. No one wants to see that.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next