Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Darkbee

Berserker

You forgot your signiture

Warmaker

Berserker

We should move all the foreign debt owed to America by Central and South American, Africa, and Europe to China. Make those countries pay them, forgive our debt and forgive their debt.

Like when you're a kid and you owe your brother a favor? Your sister owes you a favor, so she can just owe him that same favor.

Done.

Darkbee

Berserker

Sounds completely logical to me. Oh wait, the logic conversation is in another thread.

Too... much... intelligent... conversation
can't... breathe...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2008 14:18:15

VTTruck

Berserker

There's a rational explanation for the intelligent discourse the last few days.
The USA players have decided to send Texas it's village idiot back. We are all
getting excited by the prospect of an intelligent leader.

Darkbee

Berserker

Let's not get too excited, we are talking about politicians here. Although, Obama does look like he has at least half a brain, which is half more than what Bush has (or doesn't have, depending on which way you look at it).

VTTruck

Berserker

Certainly not too excited, we've had intellectual presidents before, and
we're still where we are today. Overspending, Overconfident and Overtaxed.
But its still hopefull to have someone coming into office that doesnt live
in his own little reality.

Streen

Heavy Tank

I am excited for you people. I even went as far as reading the news 2 days ago (usually I never do).

Warmaker

Berserker

Personally, I don't think it's that Obama is super-intelligent. He's just a clone of Bill Clinton. He's well-spoken, he's evenly paced with his speech patterns, he has a good vocabularly. But in Star Wars' worst movie, The Phantom Menace, one of the jedi tells Jar-Jar "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent."

I don't mean to be a naysayer (not too much), but the next four years will reveal the true intellect of our nation's leader.

Darkbee

Berserker

The problem for Obama is that he's screwed either way. If he messes up big time, everyone will say "I told you so, we should have had McCain". If he's does an Ok job then people might say "McCain would have done better". There's a lot of pressure on the man to get it right, and I'm sure he's all too aware of that.

I personally hope that he turns about to be another Abraham Lincoln, got some balls and gets the job done. And to speak of Clinton, for all his charm and "womanizing" he too got the job done, he had the US in great shape and then Bush came along and undid all of the good work Clinton had done. I couldn't care less if the President of the United States is getting sexual favors from the Whitehouse janitor, so long as the job is getting done (the job of running the country and running it well that is).

troymadsen

Tank

@warmaker: you are exactly right about Obama being liked mostly for his excellence in public speaking. Most people couldn't even name one "good" thing he has done while in public office, of which is a pretty short history. Not that I am saying he hasn't done any good things, just that your average American pays little to no attention to what is actually going on the the real political world because it really doesn't affect them enough to care. They have jobs to do, homes to take care of, children to watch after, and maybe some sleep if there is any time left over.

@DB: And don't give Clinton too much credit. He got lucky by being in office while the USA was on one of the greatest economic upswings in all of history, of which he had little to nothing to do with. And now we are having to deal with the effects of those "great economic times" of which were somewhat inflated and are now having to correct themselves. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the president has total and ultimate control of EVERYTHING that happens in the USA.

Darkbee

Berserker

troymadsen wrote:Don't make the mistake of thinking that the president has total and ultimate control of EVERYTHING that happens in the USA.

As soon as the US stops thinking it has ultimate control of EVERYTHING that happens in the world, I'll stop thinking that. There are plenty of people that say "how high?" when the President says "jump".

troymadsen

Tank

agreed. I am not saying that the President doesn't have a fair amount of control for one person, just that I think a lot of people think that everything that goes on in this country is either his success or failure and that just isn't the case. And I agree with you that the US needs to back off on some of it's over-reaching foreign policies. That is a fairly significant part of our multi-trillion dollar national debt. We give any and all countries any money that they "need" and then they can pay us back "whenever". We need to take care of home first.

Ecko

Heavy Trooper

Darkbee wrote:
troymadsen wrote:Don't make the mistake of thinking that the president has total and ultimate control of EVERYTHING that happens in the USA.

As soon as the US stops thinking it has ultimate control of EVERYTHING that happens in the world, I'll stop thinking that. There are plenty of people that say "how high?" when the President says "jump".

Since when did Americans think they can control everything? Enlighten me.

VTTruck

Berserker

we've done it for ages. we shouldn't, but tis sadly true.

troymadsen

Tank

I have to agree with VT on this one. No other country has as vast and far-reaching of a "foreign policy" as we do. At times it seems like we are policing the world. Just isn't right and people are starting to hate us for it...or at least show their long felt hatred in now visible and often violent ways.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next