Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

VTTruck

Berserker

after the an0n experience i'll be sticking to those i know, or players they prefer from now on.

Lucian

Berserker

I just got a random invite. There ya go, it works.

Darkbee

Berserker

Wouldn't it make sense for the order of this list to be based on your preferred players list, obviously showing only those that are online and presumably marked as "invite me".

If you can't find 20 players from your preferred list that are online then I would have though the next best thing would be those players with a similar rating to yours (and by similar I mean +/- a percentage of your rating. Even maybe players that you've played before but are not on your list (perhaps that is getting a bit too complicated)

Was it ever established whether this is a global list (i.e. everyone sees the same list) or dynamically generated for each player? I'm guessing the former.

Niki always seems to be at the top of the list whenever I check it. At first I thought it might be sorted by order of when players first joined Weewar but that doesn't appear to the case.

Either way it could definitely be more useful.

VTTruck

Berserker

I think we assumed it was based on most recent to log onto the site. but nobody really knew.

troymadsen

Tank

I have both received and sent "random" invites to games, but this has only happened a couple of times. I did use the available players list to do this, but it doesn't serve much function to me. Especially since a lot of times players who are shown as "online" aren't really currently using weewar, they just happen to have their browser still open and are logged in (or haven't logged out yet). I would think there would be better ways to make use of this type of a function, but then it goes back to the "most needed" list for the devs and I don't think this one is anywhere near the top.

previous 1 2 next