Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next

Testeclese

Trooper

Suggestion:

How about a unit that could build a harbor or airfield. The cost of building should be pretty high and should probably take multiple turns to complete.

Include the option of creating a game with automatic skipping and dropping: for example in game with 1 day turns, 24 hours after the time limit, send an automatic reminder, and again in another 24 hours, three reminders, then skip, three skips and then drop.

Team games: if one player quits the game at any point, his bases and units automatically get converted to his teammate(s) randomly and evenly. This allows the other team mates to continue playing and not be at a complete disadvantage.

More ideas as they come to me.

Casaubon

Tank

Weewar has been cloned several times by now. A working clone as browser game is here: http://elitecommand.net/ a very similar game to weewar and inspired by most parts by it is here http://warnet.ee/ another popped up a few years ago and is called uniwar available in the iphone appstore. there was or is some attempts by others to do it also.

I personally have been part of a cloning/modding project with a playable and highly customable framework written in .NET called weebot. (with engineer units capable of constructing buildings and loadable mods with very different units and terrain sets.)
I would suggest to check these things out, it would be a pity to invest hundreds of manhours to find out that one created something that already is there.

Vsechno nejlepsi a hodne stestí s tvým projektem.

Weeseltown

Raider

some old videos of weebot... https://vimeo.com/search?q=weebot

thuldai

Raider

Link didn't work for me, maybe this one will?
http://vimeo.com/tag:weebot

As for feature requests: A replay function would really be awesome to analyze one's games as well as other's.

EDIT: This was Daithi's shot at a weewar-clone: http://openwar.aplayerofgames.com/ which I think failed in the end due to a lack of qualified programmers. The forum there would contain some feature requests and in-depth discussions as well.

Then wasn't there a thread around here that collected wishes from the community? Couldn't find it right now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/05/2012 12:01:22

Daithi

Raider

I have not yet failed. I am still working on it but it'll take some time. I have all the user input I need and I figured there was no benefit in continuing to post until I have something playable.

thuldai

Raider

Oh, that's good news!

nocks

Heavy Trooper

weebot looks awesome.

VonBastard

Tank

General_Death wrote:What a fantastic idea.. I will get back to you with some suggestions, but here's the first:

Missiles that do damage to more than one unit?.. That would be very useful.

I too am very interested in this project and I would love to be a beta tester for it. Please contact me at johnson.billj{&t]gmail.com if you're interested.

Edited by Darkbee: Obfuscated email address to avoid/deter harvesting by spam bots.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/05/2012 17:52:22

JanRoman

Raider

Thank you all for your replies.

We have now finished all side projects so from now on, we will focus on the Weewar clone. I am aware of all these adaptations of Weewar and I've tried them all, but I still haven't found the satisfaction that comes form playing Weewar.

Weebot looks promising, could please tell me if (or why) it has ended?

I've been collecting ideas from Weewar players for three weeks now and I have a pretty long list of suggested features (thank you all guys!).

I would like to ask another thing... do you have an idea how should we call the game? I have a couple of ideas, but I would like to hear from you.

Thank you!

VonBastard

Tank

VonBastard wrote:
General_Death wrote:What a fantastic idea.. I will get back to you with some suggestions, but here's the first:

Missiles that do damage to more than one unit?.. That would be very useful.

I too am very interested in this project and I would love to be a beta tester for it. Please contact me at johnson.billj{&t]gmail.com if you're interested.

Edited by Darkbee: Obfuscated email address to avoid/deter harvesting by spam bots.

Good call DB, I'm an idiot.

JanRoman

Raider

Hello,

I am here with a portion of news.

Firstly, we've probably came up with a decent domain name to buy. We haven't made the purchase so far so I don't want to present it yet. I am still open to your ideas so please share them!

As a game and UI designer, I've already made an introduction page with login box. It looks great I think, a bit similar to Weewar, but folloving the latest trends (and it's use a lot of modern technologies). What's more, I've been looking at terrain tiles - we decided to introduce a little varitey to mapmaking.

For example, I've already finished water texture. I made three versions - for shallow, normal and deep water, each with slightly different colour. They will be exactly the same in terms of battle properties, but from what I tried it'll provide an interesting twist in mapmaking. Now you'll be able for example to make a shallow water around the coast and gradually make it "deeper" as you go further away from the coast.

This might bring an interesting terrain properties as well... there's a possibility that large ships couldn't enter shallow water or something like that, but that's not decided yet, it just popped into my mind.

What do you think?

kersplat

Raider

Love it JR. Water terrain variations make for some very interesting maps, especially when it creates a movement limitation. I like the complexity it introduces to the game.

I'm just as interested as VB to be a beta tester. When you have something you want people to start looking at, shoot me an email - drbabcock [at] gmail dot com.

JanRoman

Raider

Hello,

here is a puny peak into what I am working on right now, enjoy Our little soldier!

thuldai

Raider

Nice!

Is it going to be PunyWar?!?

Casaubon

Tank

jan roman your news about your water tiles sound like 100% of the functionality in the watermod of weebot, which is good because I made it
the soldier looks pretty sexy thumbs up.
if you want I can provide you with the units and terrain graphix I made for different mods in weewar. maybe you can use some or you can adopt them for your needs, I also made some few units for the official weewar which were never used by the devs as the state of weewar was in a decline already.
the weebot stuff could fit very well as I see that you are sticking very close to the weewar design.

some more words about weebot: it still is playable up to the framework version andrew (kajah) wrote in .NET. He was the initial and single developer behind weebot and when he lost interest the whole project started to crumble. I was implementing different terrain and unit sets as weebot was highly customable as it is loading different rulesets by XML and does not require programming skills for adopting the game rules. there is like 3 or so modifications to weebot that are playable when I remember right (casaMOD, winterMOD, waterMOD, wildwestMOD).
later the team was joined by another programmer (bladum) from poland who created a new framework from scratch but it was not finished to a playable state. this new framework had cool new features like some of the videos on vimeo are showing: transport units, that can embark and land units from sea or from air transports, line of sight for units with fog of war being reduced by terrain or enemy units etc... the problem here was that bladum wanted to implement so many more innovations and the game would have changed drastically and lost the likeliness to weewar. so the team split and finally the project died like 1 year ago.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 next