Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Nature_God

Tank

Can you add some of UK maps please. I know they are a few good ones out there. I think (njoy ??) made a good one, if thats his name
This is good UK one, alittle unbalanced towards certain colours but a good map all the same: http://weewar.com/map/49267

BTW -Great work Cas!

Edit - I know you have also created some good City maps Cas, maybe you can create a area in your shop for all of these types of maps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/03/2011 18:13:42

Nature_God

Tank

Can I also add a suggestion if thats ok Cas. Instead of people leaving writen reviews, you could add a rate feature of say 1 to 5 (or 10) Star. People can then easily and quickly rate each map (try and make it so people can only vote once so stop spammers). By doing this its lets others see how good the map plays based on a average opinion. As well as voting maybe give people the option to add a small comment.

For example I am currently playing a game on Stirlings Europe as FFA, I would rate the map highly but add a comment that its a poor map for FFA in my opinion. - just an idea

Edit: - if you do take up the rating idea then may also be an idea to add somewhere in your little shop a table of all the maps within the collection and rank them in order of rating. - just an idea

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/03/2011 18:06:13

Casaubon

Tank

thank you very much for your input nature god, yes I wanted to have map ratings from the start on, but to be honest, didnt learn until now how to implement it (php data transfer into flash, currently I`m using XML only) it definitely is on my to do list though, the rating will be visible next to the map thumbs. hopefully I can learn this stuff soon. the list of best rated maps is a good idea also.

and yes gonna bring in some united kingdom maps now to the country mode.

@bdr: looking forward for some user reviews. I could have written some by myself but it looks odd if there`s my name all over the place

bdr529

Heavy Trooper

http://weewar.com/map/36002 by http://weewar.com/user/danlar78/maps

I like this map since it offers quick team-oriented gameplay and moderate income with the ability to play land, air and sea units. We played BY vs RP. In its current version I might not want to play a rated game as BY vs RP since the middle two players have the added burden of protecting against two fronts and are more likely to be out of the game before the outer two players. This might have just been my experience because of skill level of the players involved, so YMMV.
One other issue with the map is having the airports within attack distance from the water. Once a couple enemy destroyers are off your shore then any air units would obviously be destroyed before being used.

With that said, I have a feeling that playing BP vs RY would address some of these issues since both teammates would be able to coordinate their attacks on one front.

So overall, a fun map! 900 income per turn allows for a good mix of all units while needing to be cautious about protecting them, which I like.

I'll note that the mapmaker, danlar78, mentioned in our chat session that the next versions of this map are http://weewar.com/map/47137 and http://weewar.com/map/49998 which are both interesting as well!

Casaubon

Tank

thank you kindly bdr529, this is a very detailed review -- wow!

I just updated the site and finally the caching issue should be solved. I had to take out my preloader but the file is currently 0.6 mb and shouldnt take too long for loading anyway. (kudos for will perone for the solution)

Nature_God

Tank

Cas - you have changed the style of text on the website. I hate it! please put it back to as it was. It was much easier to read before you made the changes.

Garry

Raider

Review of South America http://weewar.com/map/11896

Very interesting looking map, but not a good one to play. Mounting an attack across the amazon is almost impossible. Too far from base of supplies. Defending is much easier from the south since any trooper or esp heavy trooper in the jungle will stop any navy units from going south - meaning the DFA's can destroy any attack by river one at a time. Will take a massive navy to come around from the sea... and dont even think about attacking down the andes. Overall a great looking map with historical accuracy that will be really bad to play... esp as a northern power.

Garry

Raider

Also note: Would be much easier to post / comment if there was a way to post reviews directly onto the site... ie: click the map and then click 'post review' and type away. MUCH more awkward this way.

Casaubon

Tank

thank you garry, but if there was a direct submit on the site, how would I prevent some dumbass to overwrite your review without using a login, which I`d rather not like to have. we are all so logged in to thousands of sites nowadays. I dont like that idea too much.

Garry

Raider

Ah, I thought there was room for multiple reviews. With only one space I guess it needs moderator decision. Also seems limited text? So you have to edit down too, eh?

Here is the review I wrote in-game for Stirling's China draft version 1.12 http://weewar.com/map/27854

This is a very geographically accurate map but it does not play well. Blue and red start off fast with lots of bases and natural conflict. But that leaves purple the huge tracts in south & west without competition. Also do not like the amount of restrictive terrain in the south.

Casaubon

Tank

update of april 8th on weeseltown is finished, those who are interested might need to clear browser cache again. I had to take out the no cache php trick since it was causing trouble in some frames of my swf. I really do not have a clue why..
hint: new section is what prof hatti says in his 4th message.
more reviews and maps going to be added sunday.

Darkbee

Berserker

Sorry it took so long Casa but here's my first, it's for:

Hellas (v.5) by umm..well you! (Casaubon)

Darkbee wrote:This is a map that is to be played among friends and enjoyed over a nice bottle of Retsina. Mostly because you'll likely be doing a lot of arguing back and forth about who should be fighting whom. It's a delicately balanced map such that if one person falls too quickly others will soon follow suit, leading to all manner of skullduggery. The map starts out slow and the low income can make for some heavy going during the early turns, but once you make it to the mid game be prepared for a clash of the Titans! Overall, a map with some problems but still fun, just be prepared for shifting alliances and scrappy fighting.

Darkbee

Berserker

North America 2.0 by LuckyMustard

Darkbee wrote:It seems like a map involving Americans, Canadians and Mexicans would be begging for jokes and laughs, but sadly this map is no laughing matter. It has some serious balance issues that are very much Weewar's and nothing to do with sociopolitical differences. It would appear that purple is doomed from the outset with little opportunity for fast and cheap trooper expansion, instead needing hovers to stand any chance of staying in the game. On such a low income map, if other colors can expand with troopers alone, this puts purple in a bad situation. Red also gets squeezed pretty early on between yellow and blue, with some tricky decisions of expanding north at the expense of losing ground to blue, or take the fight to blue while handing yellow the north. You might be asking yourself, can't we all just get along? Sadly in North America the answer is no.

Wolfman

Heavy Trooper

Darkbee wrote:Sorry it took so long Casa but here's my first, it's for:

Hellas (v.5) by umm..well you! (Casaubon)

Darkbee wrote:This is a map that is to be played among friends and enjoyed over a nice bottle of Retsina. Mostly because you'll likely be doing a lot of arguing back and forth about who should be fighting whom. It's a delicately balanced map such that if one person falls too quickly others will soon follow suit, leading to all manner of skullduggery. The map starts out slow and the low income can make for some heavy going during the early turns, but once you make it to the mid game be prepared for a clash of the Titans! Overall, a map with some problems but still fun, just be prepared for shifting alliances and scrappy fighting.

I think the balance of forces here is not very clear, since 2 players were almost dead after just a few rounds. Red's position is comfortable in the beginning because it is far from all opponents, but at the same time is tough because takes a long time and resources until have the same number of bases the others will have. It is also harder for red to accumulate money and troops since everything that comes from sea is more expensive!

Darkbee

Berserker

I think WM's quick demise in that game skewed the perspective a bit. It would have been easier on you if purple hadn't been allowed to get a foot-hold so quickly. I agree that red might have some long term struggles but I think that is offset by all the fighting going on, on land. It's a map that is very difficult to determine balance since like I said it's "delicately balanced" and the slightest thing will upset that balance, that is why people will likely start forming alliances and it will degenerate into a back-stabbing, pissing match. That isn't always a bad thing, it just depends who you're playing the game with.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/04/2011 02:25:11

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next