Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

McMonster

Tank

good points on the psych of life, er, weewar, CCC.

gloves? don't touch my testicles with your slimy mitts.

Juffe is just being nice because he is about to kick me in the nuts for the second time in a row here: http://weewar.com/game/248576

General_Death

Tank

Going back for a second match with Juffe is in itself proof of titanium nuts...

McMonster

Tank

on my third attempt vs. Juffe now, GD

welcome newcomers to weewar! see the links in the first post on this thread for lots of strategy advice.

enjoy!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/10/2010 17:09:57

Casaubon

Tank

I just dislike the strategy where you build as many DFAs, destroyers + Jets surrounded by masses of cannonfodder troopers as possible on larger 100/base maps (in other words build unbalanced units only). It usually leads to victory and I try to counteract with tank combos as long as I think the opponent can be overcome with such means.
If I realize the opponent is too experienced, I have to switch to this artillery creep tactics also, there is nothing else you can do in such a situation mostly. I hope a future unit rebalancing spadequack was about to undertake before his internship ended will even units efficiency better and a wider range of tactics will enable to beat such an "artillery creep" threat.
(2 suggestions for a more dynamical game experience:
1) break through for tanks: either bonus for tank attack after first kill, double attack or the ZOC ignoring for some heavy armor unit.
2) increase movement for (some) units: less bottlenecks on maps and more outmaneuvering against enemy artillery strongpoints, bringing combat to more areas on the map at once.)

fn0000rd

Raider

Casaubon wrote:2) increase movement for (some) units: less bottlenecks on maps and more outmaneuvering against enemy artillery strongpoints, bringing combat to more areas on the map at once.)

^this.

More death.

McMonster

Tank

THE BOMB >>> BOMB SQUADRON?

so, in a game on Jovana's with Rockwall, who is a new weewarrior to be reckoned with btw, his innovative use of bombers really impressed me. i tend to use THE BOMB only as Battleship and DFA killers, and usually only in combo with a diversified offensive strategy. But his large number of bombers in combo with a few AA guns and jets of his own (preventing my jets from an advanced strike) were really threatening my naval strategy with their high mobility.

luckily for me he made a mistake and i got to pick off two of his bombers and a jet without losing much myself. but it got me re-thinking the use of THE BOMB as a highly mobile BOMB SQUADRON that might destabilize opponent's strategies on mid to large-size, medium to high-income maps...

any thoughts on THE BOMB folks?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/10/2010 14:12:57

Juffe

Raider

Wow, something refreshingly novel! Sounds cool. Especially as the bomber is a cool unit (which just get to see too little action in my game[pretty much only in the role laid out by MM]).

I'm guessing this would only work when the opponent keeps building ships when the bombers start to appear. If the opponent matches the bombers with jets, my estimate is that the bombers won't be useful. So it would be risky to try.

McMonster

Tank

true enough Juffe. and welcome back! although i know you wrote this a while ago, i am just spamming this thread to get it back up to the top of the list so newcomers see it. especially the first post, which provides many useful links. i've updated that recently.

beetstreet

Heavy Trooper

link to common beginners' mistakes:

http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/1393.page

McMonster

Tank

just bumping this into the present

previous 1 2 next