WeeWar Times for Pete’s Sake by Vagus 50% [ 14 ]
WeeWar Times Wetlands by Nature_God 32% [ 9 ]
Weewar Times Square by Stirlingxa 18% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

«

previous 1 2 3 4 next

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I appreciate the feedback on the finalists it will certainly help me if I decide to do this again next year, of course the finalists are going to be representative of the type of map that CaptainCupcake and myself like and felt we could judge effectively. One of the reasons we're having this public vote is so the winner isn't totally our personal preference.

If i do this next year give me comments and feedback during the submission and judging like I asked! I'm easily influenced.

McMonster - Stirling's Aruba Red or Blue - I'm just not getting enough sleep to focus on a much bigger map or one I'm not too familiar with.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Darkbee wrote:Part of the criteria for the maps were to be small and playable over a short period of time. Perhaps Tyger, you might like to attach the criteria to the original post to help users further judge the maps.

Certainly! From the contest post on The WeeWar Times (reprinted with permission):

The Prize? 1 year of WeeWar Pro to the account of your choice!

The Rules:

- 2 Player map

- Balanced

- Maps must be new creations for this contest

- No special rules (like turn off hovercraft)

- Able to be completed in a reasonable amount of time – 30 turns is a good number to think about

- Map must have WeeWar Times in the title: work it into the title, stick it off to the end after a dash, whatever just get it in there somehow

- Entries are to be posted as a comment on this post

- Finalists will be chosen by WeeWar Times writers and presented to the WeeWar Community for a vote to determine the winner via a poll on the forum, voting will be open for a week before the winner is announced

The purpose of this exercise (other than to promote the site a little) is to give us another 1 vs 1 tournament map. I lean towards a mix of air, land, and sea, but that’s not to say a creative map not having all those units couldn’t win.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

... and by Tournament map I meant a traditional annual tournament type map. Incidentally, I spoke to Spadequack and I'll be running the annual tournament this year, with his blessing. We'll start in a little over a week - more to come

RockyDog

Berserker

why not use all three for the tournament. one map in each round.
randomly chosen for each 3 rounds as needed.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I might - will probably use a smaller map in the opening rounds to help speed things along, i think we can field 32 again this year. Hopefully...

Warmaker

Berserker

Warmaker's in!

You can all have my points, if you can get 'em*!

*I'm pretty sure most of you can.

McMonster

Tank

i see nothing about small in those contest criteria bee. quick, yes (i.e. less than 30 rounds). i played my entry 3 or 4 times, won as blue and red, all less than 20 rounds.

small for the tournament is good with me. i like dog's idea of a round on each map. very challenging that.

no time pressure tyger - invite me to a bit bigger map, when you have more time

Darkbee

Berserker

McMonster wrote:i see nothing about small in those contest criteria bee. quick, yes (i.e. less than 30 rounds).

Ok, so it's kind of implied

Finishing a 60 by 60 in 30 rounds might be pushing it a bit

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Cupcake and I are pretty evenly matched, it was going to take us longer than 30 with all the sand. Still, a fun map I encourage all to take a look at it!

McMonster

Tank

so, what's all the fuss about here, with the grumpy monster nitpicking about his neglected map? http://weewar.com/map/46328

Nile-istic Rea Sea REVOLUTION! is not really decided on the sand, but rather, in the red sea - a air-naval battle will erupt within the first 10-15 turns that will likely determine the outcome of the game. the advantage of having most bases capped off the bat is that things move quickly compared to maps where they start un-capped.

i doubt that if you and CCC had played it out that it would have taken longer than any of the other maps entered in the contest (when played by two such skilled and evenly matched weewarriors).

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I think we were in the 10-15 range and still positioning, but it's been a little while with lots of maps between then and now.

Don't worry about nit-picking, while I'm surprised with the amount that's been in this thread over all versus the feedback we got during submission and testing, I can't say that I'm disappointed to have feedback at any point. I'm even happier that people are still engaged with the game and the community!

RockyDog

Berserker

tyger - speaking of good long games, we going to finish up ont he test server?
i was just feeling the tide swing my way

Somar96

Tank

Oh well, I didn't know there is an annual tournament :/ Now I won't be able to finish 9 games in 1 week. Or could I play on my 2nd account (which played only 2 games, but is there)?

Shulgin

Tank

Tygerdave wrote:I might - will probably use a smaller map in the opening rounds to help speed things along, i think we can field 32 again this year. Hopefully...

how about aiming for 64 players? i reckon that would be doable if everybody advertises the tourney in his/her games...

RockyDog

Berserker

we can hit 64. but the questions are:
will the momentum last long enough to finish (i.e. last summers euro tournaments crash)
will the site keep 64 pro users around interested in playing?

previous 1 2 3 4 next