Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

MrArmageddon

Heavy Trooper

The little thing that pops up telling me what a unit is and how powerful it is needs to go. Major league annoying.

Darkbee

Berserker

MrArmageddon wrote:The little thing that pops up telling me what a unit is and how powerful it is needs to go. Major league annoying.

Yeah unfortunately, I think that's to help noobs, so it's kinda something we gotta live with. It was suggesting that we have account experience level toggle so that you turn off all the noobs pop-ups once you're familiar with the game. That'd be nice but I don't know what kind of effort that would take to put together.

RockyDog

Berserker

in theory everything can be toggled.

are we getting any kind of info from the devs as they fix the bugs?

or do we just happen to notice it as it comes along?

Darkbee

Berserker

I should probably add to the list, as somebody suggested here (Hal was it?) that the devs should announce these things. Perhaps they might not get as frosty a reception if they highlighted some of the positive. I'm all for surprise birthday parties, but right now Weewar surprise-a-day is one too many (good or bad). I don't want anymore surprises, just a little heads-up about what's going on.

Shulgin

Tank

Darkbee wrote:I should probably add to the list, as somebody suggested here (Hal was it?) that the devs should announce these things. Perhaps they might not get as frosty a reception if they highlighted some of the positive. I'm all for surprise birthday parties, but right now Weewar surprise-a-day is one too many (good or bad). I don't want anymore surprises, just a little heads-up about what's going on.

hal indeed suggested it. so did others before and i absolutely agree. while i don't particularly like the new interface (imho it's a verschlimmbesserung ), what really pisses me off is the lack of communication. announcing (major) updates in advance, a change-log...i think these things are mandatory.

by the way, this is what flash does to my computer:

to be fair i'm not quite sure if flash causes this crash, probably not...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/01/2010 14:36:40

Darkbee

Berserker

That looks like an overheating graphics card issue. Maybe.

Shulgin

Tank

thanks darkbee, interesting idea. here is the follow-up question: what could i do about it?

there was actually a bug in kde which caused these kind of crashes, but it should be fixed in the version i am using. and my laptop does get quite hot under linux...

Darkbee

Berserker

Get one of those laptop cooling stations, or at the very least make sure your laptop isn't sitting on a material that insulates well like textiles. Wood isn't especially effective at dissipating the heat either but it would be better. I suppose a metal tray might work quite well. I think you can buy "laptop mats" that are a little less sophisticated than the cooling stations but are made from a material that dissipates the heat well.

I don't know of any off the top of my head but perhaps you could get some system monitoring software to see the typical running temperatures of your laptop (CPU, GPU, hard disk drive), and check on the Interwebs to see if those are within normal operating ranges. Not really familiar with Linux system monitoring tools.

RockyDog

Berserker

another issue to fix: when i'm logged in and post a comment in chat on someone elses game it registers the comment to "guest" and not me.

akillez

Heavy Trooper

I use an azerty keyboard layout (Belgium) and not all my keys translate to the right characters. I don't have that problem anywhere else on the site...

RockyDog

Berserker

can we add to the list of fixes that the blinking triangle of turn reminders should appear in teh chat area AND in the forums?

Somar96

Tank

Why bother writing it all down, the flash interface upgrade is an outstanding issue itself

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/02/2010 18:01:16

Darkbee

Berserker

somar96 wrote:Why bother writing it all down, the flash interface upgrade is an outstanding issue itself

The boy has a good point for once.

swanxxx

Trooper

He does make a point, but can i also point out that if the java update is here to stay can we stop moaining about the little things like coords not working and the size of the char portriats and instead demand they get the new client at least working, ive lost several turns out of several games now, i issue orders, move things around, repair and the like, hit end turn and then my turn ends and most of my units return to there positions at the start of the turn. I am finding this alot more annoying than not having an offline online indicator for the members of a game and i would appreciate it if the devs fixed this before fannying around with the clients looks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/02/2010 10:30:52

Darkbee

Berserker

This thread was started right after the new Flash update was released, so we (perhaps wrongly) assumed that the new interface would be (relatively) bug free.

If you'll notice, fixing the out-of-sync and other errors is top of the list in the original post.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next