Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 next

katakana

Raider

Yeah, that doesn't mess anything up at all!

RockyDog

Berserker

you asked to zoom in/out.

anyone else notice (on the test server) that end turn is now instantaneous.

i've actually enjoyed that 5 second countdown. its saved me a few times forgetting to move units.

luckymustard

Raider

was the 5 second countdown a greasemonkey script?

spadequack

Heavy Tank

nope, removing the 5 second countdown was part of a greasemonkey script

Darkbee

Berserker

+1 for 5 second countdown. I can't actually say that I noticed, and for a long time I used to think it was just annoying, but like Rocky, I've been spared the embarrassment of failing ot move/repair units a few times.

Does anyone else have problems with the end turn button not displaying? It happens on both Firefox and Google Chrome for me. I have to enter full-screen mode and then I see it. It also remains when I exit full-screen mode, but disappears if I leave that current game and return. Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work at all. I see no game map or menu options at all!

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

Regarding the zoom in/out feature, CTRL +/- doesn't work in the flash version. It zooms the other parts of the window (chat, etc.), but the playing field is unaffected.

Would be really nice to have that back, especially for playing on netbooks.

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

Found a real bug: When repairing on a repair space, unit's strength appears to just increase by its default amount (1 or 2 points). Only once the page is reloaded does it display the correct new value.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Darkbee wrote:+1 for 5 second countdown. I can't actually say that I noticed, and for a long time I used to think it was just annoying, but like Rocky, I've been spared the embarrassment of failing ot move/repair units a few times.

Does anyone else have problems with the end turn button not displaying? It happens on both Firefox and Google Chrome for me. I have to enter full-screen mode and then I see it. It also remains when I exit full-screen mode, but disappears if I leave that current game and return. Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work at all. I see no game map or menu options at all!

Bee - what version of Flash do you have? It works fine for me with v.10,0,32,18 on Firefox and Chrome. When I loaded a game in IE, I was prompted to install/update something from Adobe (I assume it was Flash), and then I got an empty area where the map should have been, even after restarting IE. The right-click dialog on the blank Flash area said "Movie not loaded." Weird.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2009 00:29:04

Darkbee

Berserker

According to "add/remove programs" I have version 10.0.32.18

I am using Firefox portable but that wouldn't have anything to do with GoogleChrome which is the regular version.

I've tried disabling Grease Monkey and Ad-Block Plus but that doesn't make any difference.

Obviously if nobody else is having issues it must be something to do with my setup. I'll check at work tomorrow and see if I have the same problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2009 00:45:23

Tichy

Heavy Trooper

To be honest I don't care much for it. The animations get old very fast, and most of the slicker interface could have been done in JavaScript+HTML, too. I have to whitelist weewar in NoScript, which is a hastle. I get all the problems with Flash with no visible benefit.

Not being Flash is a major trump card of WeeWar in my opinion. There are lots of other Flash based games out there.

Another thing I didn't like is that I can not see what the opponent is doing anymore at all. It happens too fast.

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

The other downside of Flash in general is that now I can't play on my phone (Motorola Droid). Granted, playing on a phone isn't an optimal experience, but it's nice to have the option, and my phone has a big enough screen that it's actually not so bad! Also, in Firefox, Flash interrupts tab-switching with CTRL-TAB.

Through many rounds in several games now, my biggest complaint about the new UI is actually the huge info bubble that pops up if you hover over a unit for too long. Before, it was just a little label showing the coordinates; now it's like a full HUD. It distracts, obscures, breaks concentration, makes me worry about whether I left the stove on, and causes hives... nothing good.

Still hating the clicking issue, too. If I click on a unit, my mouse has to be perectly still to register the click, or else it registers as an attempt to scroll the map... even if the map is too small to be able to be scrolled.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/12/2009 04:13:30

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Tichy wrote:Not being Flash is a major trump card of WeeWar in my opinion. There are lots of other Flash based games out there.

+1 for me too.

I get what the positives are/could be but still can't see what the overall strategy is for the game. Leaning into the unfairly critical, I might note that the game was more stable before the refactoring a while back (in my experience), then we had new units on test which didn't appear (not that I was a fan), then the recent change to the site and f-connect goodness, now a flash version (alternative? replacement?). None of these actually improved my perception and experience of the game

A spot of advocatus diaboli because I care a little, but not too much

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

Anybody else get this weird scrolly window thingy in the upper-right when viewing a game that you're not signed into?

It happens when I view a game I'm not playing in, or a game I played but have finished, or when I'm not signed in.

chriswells78

Trooper

JumpmanMJP wrote:The other downside of Flash in general is that now I can't play on my phone (Motorola Droid). Granted, playing on a phone isn't an optimal experience, but it's nice to have the option, and my phone has a big enough screen that it's actually not so bad! Also, in Firefox, Flash interrupts tab-switching with CTRL-TAB.

I haven't tried the test server on my HTC Droid Eris, but I am not able to play the original version on it. The scroll feature does not work and when I attack a unit in a small map, it tries to pop up and say the results of the battle but I think the phone is blocking it. Any ideas?

JumpmanMJP

Heavy Trooper

Chris, You could try another browser on your Eris. I think Dolphin is available for it. But in either case, we won't be able to play if the game switches to Flash.

previous 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 next