Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 next

Garry

Raider

Is anyone else having trouble with the greasemonkey scripts after updating firefox?

Shulgin

Tank

it might be good to mention which version you updated to (i suppose it was v5). i did the update to 3.6.18 yesterday and don't experience any problems

Darkbee

Berserker

I'm using 4.0 and don't have any problems (on Windows XP/7)

Daithi

Raider

What trouble are you having exactly? I don't use/haven't tested the situation on firefox, but the team chat server appears to be down and i'm assuming graphical stats uses the same server. So when you say trouble, does the team chat window display but with no messages? which scripts specifically are you having difficulty with?

davewasthere

Raider

Yeah, both graphical stats and teamchat are dead. Sorry people.

Tried relocating my server two days ago, but it died when I tried to bring it back online.
Might be something simple, but stupidly, I don't even seem to have a videocard for it, so can't see what the issue is at all. It's run the last few years okay, but seems to have given up the ghost now.

I can rebuild it given time, but it's just not a priority for me at the moment (have a lot of other stuff on my plate). If I get a chance, I could put it back up on another host, but suspect Daithi will have his port working before then.

Cheers,
Dave.

Garry

Raider

Ah, well that explains it.
I guess I upgraded firefox as the same time as you moved things around. So when chat and stats disappeared it seemed to be firefox....

Thanks and we are looking forward to getting the scrips back up!! They are awesome!!

MiniMaps

Trooper

I have the same problem Garry, its Firefox v5. I dont like v.5, you can't even get the google toolbar and when you open a new tab it does not bring up your most popular pages. Boo!

thuldai

Raider

Weewar Graphical Stats is down for me too although the "Stats" in the header bar still shows up. So I feel this is broken on a server level (as mentioned above) less on a script level.

I currently don't have a game with teams so I cannot say what's up with Weewar Team Chat.

Weewar Stats (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/47008 ) doesn't work for me anymore at all. Very saddening. This seems to be on a script level.

Weewar Resize (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62262) on the other hand IS still working.

Lastly, "Weewar Profiler" (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61822) still works for me.

Firefox 5.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Daithi

Raider

I must revise my previous statements.

I have updated to the latest firefox 5.0 and greasemonkey 0.9.6. I Installed team chat and one of the stats scripts spadequack's rather than dave's. I would expect the team chat box to appears and the weewar flash area to resize as a result of running team chat. I would have thought the stats box would also appear but without checking the code it's possible the addition of that box to DOM only happens as a result of a successful gamestate request. None of the things I expected to happen did, no boxes displayed, the flash didn't resize and there were no errors.

After these initial tests I am left believing that greasemonkey scripts no longer work in firefox 5.0. This can't really be the case and it's probably more likely that http requests aren't working. So it seems that it is simply a coincidence that team server is down.

I am currently in the process of porting team chat and graphical stats to be compatible with weespy. My initial efforts are on the server side because there is more work to do, since in theory the GM/userscripts only need minor server location changes to function. It would appears this is no longer the case and that new scripts might have to be written or some significant debugging is required, or highly unlikely but still possible that it might not be possible to operate these scripts on firefox 5.0.

There is still some significant work to be done on both the server a client sides of both scripts, specifically graphical stats since team chat has been my focus. Unfortunately this means you will have to be patient. my previous estimate was about a week from now but this could change drastically if there are problems with the greasemonkey scripts.

I would ask anyone using either graphical stats, team chat or any firefox scripts to provide information on their operating status at various versions of firefox and greasemonkey if possible. If you use the form (script name) - (author) - (script version) - (firefox version) - (greasemonkey version) - (status/description) that would be most helpful. e.g.
Weewar team chat - Dave Beer - 1.0.9 - 5.0 - 0.9.6 - does not work, no boxes displayed.

Thanks Daithi

Gryll

Heavy Trooper

Same here.
The scripts I use are team chat, stats (not graphical), resize and profiler:
- with Firefox 3.6.18 under Ubuntu 10.04 all my scripts work (team chat launches fine, even though empty).
- with Firefox 5 under XP SP 3, only resize and profiler appear.

IdahoBlaster

Heavy Trooper

Yes, I have lost two scripts after updating to 5--team chat and stats 1.9.1. Spy still works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/06/2011 17:10:18

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Ok I found the problem - and a workaround. I'll look for a solution but hopefully Diathi will know what to do.

Error console was returning:

That string is used in the parsing routine the checks for a new version of the script.

Workaround:
Comment out:

and

and comment out the block of code starting with:

and ending above:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2011 03:34:51

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

.. oh that was for stats, I would guess the chat script is almost exactly the same but since the server is down I didn't look

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

looks like expects a function: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/filter

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/2011 04:00:27

Daithi

Raider

Your perfectly correct, that's what's causing the problem. that fix will allow graphical stats, stats and team chat to at least run but it breaks the auto update part of the scripts. I'm looking into an alternative to the filter function and I'm concerned about why this function change. If you have an insight regarding the change or an alternative it would be helpful.

previous 1 2 3 next