Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

davewasthere

Raider

At the end of this year, I'm looking at heading away for an indefinite period, so looking at shutting everything down. But I'd like to see if anyone would be keen on taking ownership of team chat and/or graphical stats.

Both have a server-side portion, which I currently host.

Written in C# .Net (MVC although probably MVC 1.0), but could be ported to anything fairly easily as they're not particularly sophisticated apps server-side.

Both have a reasonable amount of usage. About 450 users (of both apps), 80k records for graphical stats and about 30k chat messages (between 50-100/day).

If I don't find someone willing to take it over, I'll try and sort out alternative hosting, but with what I've got on this year, I've not really got a lot of spare time so it's possible I may just have to shut things down. But I'm happy to keep things running until November as it is...

Ideally I'd find someone who'd take & host the server code (probably ported to the language of their choice) - release a couple of new greasemonkey scripts and become the new owner.

Dave.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I have a linux hosting plan with GoDaddy that has plenty of extra storage and bandwidth available (and I'm cutting back on domains so that should free up more) if someone wanted to port the code I'd be happy to host it.

Daithi

Raider

It's probably best if I take on Team Chat. I'll have to port it to PHP which shouldn't be a big deal i'm a .Net and PHP programmer. Then it can be moved to weespy, in the process I can consolidate in from daithi.co.uk the chrome side of things. If there's enough time for the switch I can do that all in one step.
If not I can probably host the C# on a windows box at home until I have time to port it. That really depends on the database storage, if it's mssql server and desktop version isn't sufficient, I might be able to run a version of windows server for a while but i'll have to look into.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/05/2011 06:47:13

davewasthere

Raider

Sounds good Daithi.. I'll drop you an email with the details.

SQL Compact/Desktop should do the job no worries.. and if you're porting it... anything would work.

Daithi

Raider

New Team Chat, more stuff, see here http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/1509.page#23128.

Wasserlasser

Trooper

Hello everyone,

is there a way to get these scripts as well so they can be hosted on a second site? I would offer to host them as well.

Thanks

thuldai

Raider

Good idea! Just copy Daithi's .js-file and put it online someplace. Make sure all the keywords are there (weewar, teamchat, etc.) and that search engines can find it and it'd be awesome!